Getting bored w/my routine...need advice/suggestions..

Options
Jovannyr
Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
Ive been here for a few months and just finally figured out how to post a topic...getting kinda bored :yawn: w/my routine and diet...any advice, suggestions, ideas or new recipes...? need motivation to get back on my excersice routine..:cry:

Replies

• Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    same thing happens to me... i try different things... i went from doing lots of videos to running now i'm doing p90x and boxing with my sister in law, but i always run .. i try to keep the same amount of calories i burn but just change what i do... with the food choices i do the same i pretty much eat anything just i measure things out to watch my portions... hope this helps a bit =)
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have hit that same point in the last week or so. I have found other things to do to burn calories. I would normally be in the gym every day doing cardio work, but the last week or so has seen me there only a couple of times for cardio plus my regular weight training days. I have done some cross country hiking, and hiking the hills. I have walked a couple of walking paths, and did a nice 2.5 mile walk today. I think the scenery makes the difference though. Find parks or quiet country roads to walk on.
  • byoder007
    Options
    sign up for a local 5k, even if you are not a runner you can sign up and walk it but it will give you a goal. I never train as hard as when i have a goal to train for.
  • LyonInLondon
    LyonInLondon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Find a new exercise that you enjoy or a workout buddy. That generally helps me!

Plus going on a few websites like Allrecipes.com, BBC Good Food, etc to look for new recipes and inspiration for meals.

Good luck!
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    For food, always try new things--you'll be amazed at what you might find.

With exercise, I find that I am 95% more committed when I go to the gym with a goal in mind. Today, it will be to run for 38 minutes at 5mph. I know what I'm going to do before I even get there. Heck, I knew this is the work out I would do today when I left the gym on Monday. Having the "what's next" mentality and setting goals to accomplish will keep you motivated on your workouts.
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I guess you guys are right...i think i also need an energy boost or something...i usually did my workouts early in the a.m. before work, around 5am and tried to walk a little at work around lunch and when i dont workout in the mornings then I do the Zumba at home...i just have the treadmill working right know at the gym and i dont dare do weights cuz i dont know what exactly to do w/them and im afraid to hurt myself...

I'll keep visiting MFP again more often during the day and when I get home...I remember reading peoples post motivated me alot and kept my goals present in my mind before I hit this stage...

This message board thing really helps...Thanks guys :flowerforyou:
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    i think i also need an energy boost or something...i usually did my workouts early in the a.m. before work, around 5am and tried to walk a little at work around lunch and when i dont workout in the mornings then I do the Zumba at home

Early workouts are not for everyone--I know they do NOT work for me. Also, not sure if you do this or not already, but having a small snack before and after workout has done wonders for my energy level. In the past, I would tire quickly during my workouts, and feel totally drained for hours afterward. But since starting back with exercise in January, I eat 30 minutes or so before a workout and after a workout and not only do I have more energy during my exercise, I recover quickly too.
  • LyonInLondon
    LyonInLondon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If your gym does any weights classes (like Body Pump), that's a great introduction to weights if you've never done them before.

Also, there should be gym employees on the floor of your gym that you should be able to ask how to do different weight exercises. Or it might be a good investment for you to buy a few sessions with a personal trainer to go over them and give you a work out. You could do 2 sessions with him/her and then a month or so later do another to learn new weight exercises. Just an idea!