I'm officially a believer :)

Options
Hello All!

I've been using MFP now for almost two weeks -- I've tried the random calorie counter apps/sites in the past, and had a really hard time sticking with them. I noticed an old friend was looking better and better on Facebook and that she kept mentioning "MFP" so I Googled it -- and decided to sign up!

I am finishing up my third year of medical school in Galveston TX. It's been a ROUGH three years, but I'm really looking forward to residency and training specifically for my career (in pediatrics :) ). I want to be back in GREAT shape before interviews start in the fall - and really train myself on healthy eating and adding in the exercise before hitting the hardest year of my life. That's where MFP comes in. The calorie tracking is great, but I have a feeling this community aspect is going to be the best part!

A little about me - I have a reverse brindle boxer (Adenosine aka Addie), my walking buddy, that I ADORE!!! I love to race walk and do step aerobics. I'm in a serious relationship with someone who is very supportive - but works off shore 28 on 28 off - so the months alone become SUPER tempting to be bad!

I'm really looking forward to becoming a member of this community and accomplishing my goals!

Replies

• raeanns
    raeanns Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I've been using MFP now for almost two weeks -- I've tried the random calorie counter apps/sites in the past, and had a really hard time sticking with them. I noticed an old friend was looking better and better on Facebook and that she kept mentioning "MFP" so I Googled it -- and decided to sign up!

I am finishing up my third year of medical school in Galveston TX. It's been a ROUGH three years, but I'm really looking forward to residency and training specifically for my career (in pediatrics :) ). I want to be back in GREAT shape before interviews start in the fall - and really train myself on healthy eating and adding in the exercise before hitting the hardest year of my life. That's where MFP comes in. The calorie tracking is great, but I have a feeling this community aspect is going to be the best part!

A little about me - I have a reverse brindle boxer (Adenosine aka Addie), my walking buddy, that I ADORE!!! I love to race walk and do step aerobics. I'm in a serious relationship with someone who is very supportive - but works off shore 28 on 28 off - so the months alone become SUPER tempting to be bad!

I'm really looking forward to becoming a member of this community and accomplishing my goals!
    [/quote

Ok, I need a picture of that boxer!! Oh and welcome to YOu too! LOL
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck accomplishing your goals! most everyone here is sooo supportive and there are so many fun, new recipes to try when you're in a rut. it has really helped me a lot and given me motivation to reach my own fitness/nutrition goal:)
  • applebottomjeans11
    applebottomjeans11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey girl welcome to the family, you are going to LOVE it!!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    So glad its working for you! Now you understand all my Facebook posts! Mfp is awsime. Good luck with everything that you have coming up!
  • kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    Options
    Welcome... I am down the road from you! So far I am loving this site too.. haven't been here very long though. I am in hopes this helps me loose the last 10lbs.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP!
    the community here is great, you will love it.

good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Hello, and Welcome to MFP. You are right--The Community Support is the Key.:flowerforyou:
    And I agree----Pictures of Addie would be awesome!!
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Your going to love this site. Everyone is extremely helpful and supportive. I'm an administrative associate at a pediatric hospital in Louisville Ky. I love peds! I wish you luck and feel free to add me if you like. P.S. I have a brindle boxer also name Sophie Grace. :smile:
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place - great tools to get you eating healthy and a supportive community to answer questions and provide motivation when you need it. You'll be so much better off by getting in shape while you're still in school - it only gets harder when you're out in the real world, so the good habits you develop now will big a big help.

Oh, and as a fellow science geek, LOVE your boxer's name!
  • kkwilban
    kkwilban Posts: 14
    Options
    OK I posted some (several lol) pics of my puppy!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: AWESOME!! Thank you for sharing the Pictures. I have to admit, the one next to the Christmas Tree is my Favorite. But she is gorgeous in all of them!!
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey medical school can really kick your butt can't it? (Veterinary for me) I was either extremely thin because I was pulling 24 hour shifts in CCU and going 24/7 or gaining wt because I was studying my butt off and doing nothing else. Now 15 years in private practice taking care of everyone but me I'm getting it together. Good for you for doing it NOW! Feel free to friend me if you want. MFP is great and offers lots of support! I LOVE your dogs name...that's classic! :flowerforyou:
  • Terriwin
    Terriwin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! The support is great here.
  • betharose7
    betharose7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a believer too, I've used mfp before a little half heartedly but this time I'm going for it and all the support on here really helps! Good luck with ur weightless journey :)

3571137.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter