Just starting...

Options
Hey there! I just broke up with my boyfriend and figured it's about time I did something to shed the pounds so I can attract The Perfect Guy™. I've never been good at exercising or tracking my intake, but hopefully this is the incentive I need to take it off and keep it off (you know, for keeping The Perfect Guy™ happy once I've snagged him! :wink:).

I've only just started and read a few of the newbie posts, and have already learned a lot. I'm hopeful... Just hoping I can keep it up! (I've failed to keep up with fitness apps before, so fingers crossed.)

Replies

• katwiles79
    Options
    Welcome! Im pretty new at this too, just started about a month ago. Im amazed at how many calories I would normally eat before I kept track! And its also motivation to excercise knowing that I will have extra calories afterwards! Good Luck to you!!
  • krista180
    krista180 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm in the same situation as you! Just broke up with my boyfriend and ready for a change. I think loosing weight will help me meet guys. But I also think your perfect guy will love you no matter what your weight! How much weight do you want to lose? i'd like to lose 50lbs
  • gen0109
    gen0109 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started too -!!! I guess we're all in this together!:flowerforyou:
  • gen0109
    gen0109 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started too -!!! I guess we're all in this together!:flowerforyou:
  • Krazybob613
    Options
    it is working for us! and that is three of us, my daughter found this and introduced my wife to it who persuaded me to try it and now between the three of us we have lost a combined 48 pounds! 11 for me in just over 30 days - but I Admit exercise has been a significant factor in our RATE of loss for our whole family! ( Especially me I think, it is my salvation when I add up my days intake and find myself 200 or more C over target! ) Amazing how many C you can burn in 30-40 minutes on an elliptical Trainer!
    Bob
  • curvycreation
    curvycreation Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I just started again! Day 2 and I'm going strong. Exercising is the pits, but it feels good after you're done!!! Just start out walking..:wink::wink:
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    Welcome!! I've been on here for about a month. Anyone can feel free to add me! We can all use all the support we can get!
  • kellywows
    kellywows Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    same situation..Ive been doing this for 3 months keeping track and exercising 5 days a week for 2 1/2 months i lost 30 pounds.. Its amazing how much this app helps me on my phone!! Good luck and def add me as a friend
  • elifefull
    elifefull Posts: 46
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!!! This is the start of a new journey in life and you can do it, just belive it and you can achieve the weight loss and the perfect guy :-) Be sure to add me as a friend...
  • Kebennett1
    Options
    ksharra, Congratulations on making the wise choice to join MFP! But, first thing you need to know is that you need to do it for YOURSELF, not anyone else. You have always been a beautiful woman no matter what your weight! Now what you want is to be a healthy, beautiful woman, and that includes having a healthy self-esteem! So repeat after me," weight does not define who I am, nor make me more or less lovable!" The "perfect man" as you call him, will already know this about you!
    Now I encourage you to buy only healthy foods for your home, eat only healthy foods, eat small portions, exercise daily and make new friends here for support! We are all here for the same reasons: To lose weight, get healthier and support each other!

Feel free to add me as your friend!
  • LARPkitten
    LARPkitten Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks Kebennett, I know I'm beautiful, I'm 5'5" and 220lbs, but I have a classic perfect hourglass figure and hair down to my hips. I can already attract a guy... but I'd like to FEEL better, feel sexier, and just in general feel healthier. If I can lose 40-60 lbs, I'll be back to the weight I was when I was cage-dancing in clubs in my late teens... and there's no sexier feeling than that!

And wow, day 1, I got within 5 calories of my daily goal! :happy: