I'm new, have a lot of weight to lose and hope I can receive

Options
I've been overweight my whole life. I have lost about 40 lbs but am struggling to lose more because I am tired of eating the same "diet" foods that I have been and my career doesn't allow much time for a lot of exercise. I really enjoy reading people's posts and hope to contribute, motivate and share what is working for me.

My goal is to lose another 50-60 lbs so I can hopefully start a family soon.

Nice to meet y'all (I'm from Texas!)

Replies

• tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Welcome! Where in Texas? We are big UT fans! :)
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Oh and super congrats on the 40 pounds! What types of food are you eating?
  • lisaw325
    lisaw325 Posts: 12
    Options
    I wanted to say hello...I'm brand new here and I'm from Texas too! Hang in there, girlie, you can do this! :)
  • Monsherri
    Monsherri Posts: 69
    Options
    You are in the right place!! there is alot of positive support here....Welcome!
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck with your weight loss! If you need support/motivation feel free to add me as a friend! My first goal is to lose about the same amount as you're trying to lose!
  • zianiH
    zianiH Posts: 68
    Options
    Hello Pumina,

You are at the right place. This side will help you reach your goal, you just need to follow the guidance. Like you, I also enjoy reading success story, I learn a lot about nutrition, I now know what sodium will do to your body etc etc.... which is something new to me
  • ebsmrtgrl
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on your progress so far, keep up the good work. :) As for exercise, sneak it in where you can, even if it's just a couple minutes, or something simple like parking further out, every little bit helps!
  • coastalstorm25
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome
    Remember not to starve your self...actually the more you eat (clean foods) the more that will come off....if you can trick your body into thinking its not in starvation mode..then it will shed pounds...so keep on eating heathly..and that includes protein (low fat) and whole grains. Don't forget that with at least 30 mins of daily activty ..whether its walking, biking, playing tennis,swimming it all counts..if you can gradually make it more..than good for you!
    Somedays will be difficult...and you may slip..but everyday is a new day..a new beginning...
    Good luck :)
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome I am fearly new too and so far I love it, me and you both need the motivation so I decided to add you. I need to loose about 65 pounds and so far I have lost 4 since I join MFP and about 7 or 8 lbs before joing MFP... So good luck and don't give up b/c I am preatty sure we will reach our goal slowly but steady
  • spoiltrotten1
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight too so I can have a healthy pregnancy, so I know how you feel! Good Luck!
  • pumina
    pumina Posts: 13
    Options
    I live in Austin :) Hook 'em Horns!
  • pumina
    pumina Posts: 13
    Options
    Oh and super congrats on the 40 pounds! What types of food are you eating?

I eat a ton of egg drop soup (I make it at home and love it -- it fills you up and you feel satisfied for not too many calories)
    100 calorie sandwich thins with boca patties or low fat lunch meat/laughing cow cheese
    veggies and home made hummus
    shrimp/chicken/lean pork.

I love to cook and experiment so i'm happy to share recipes if anyone is interested in something I can make!

Thanks all!