low calorie midnight snack ideas?

Options
killer_cupcake
killer_cupcake Posts: 45 Member
I'm sooooo craving something sweet. but its already 9pm. . . i don't know what i can eat that has little calories any ideas?
whats the most calories thats safe to eat at night as a snack?

Replies

• ShiloughCoy
    Options
    I know it sounds like nothing but I always try to keep sugar free jello cups and light whipped cream in the house. Just a dollop of light whipped cream on top, take it slow eating it, and honestly, it makes me feel like I've "treated" myself! LOL Says a lot for the mind of a dieting woman, right? :)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Some fruit, a fiber bar, or pudding fat free.

2639362.png
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    someone posted something a while ago that sounded awesome.... jello chocolate mousse temptations, low fat cool whip, and strawberries.....99 cals

i had some real chocolate pudding (150 cals) w/ strawberries last night and that really hit the spot.
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    When I get late night snack attacks, I usually make a shake with this, but use half the amount of mix and only about six ounces of water. http://www.naturade.com/Weight-Loss/Naturade-Total-Soy-Jug-Chocolate-Nat-and-Art-27-05-oz-p127.html

I buy mine at Sam's for a huge 3# (+) bag it's 20 bucks. It mixes with water in a shaker very nicely, and it tastes great.

Or I reach for fruit, a Schwan's trim creations fudge bar (50 calories), or a small scoop of real fruit sorbet.
  • jearmon1
    jearmon1 Posts: 1
    Options
    a lowfat fudge bar, most are about 100 calories, Stone Ridge Creamery at 110 calories is one of my favorites.
  • killer_cupcake
    killer_cupcake Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds like nothing but I always try to keep sugar free jello cups and light whipped cream in the house. Just a dollop of light whipped cream on top, take it slow eating it, and honestly, it makes me feel like I've "treated" myself! LOL Says a lot for the mind of a dieting woman, right? :)

mmmmmm so yummy thanks thats what i ended up doing a really yummy 105 calorie snack of jello and whipped cream thanx!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Resist the craving and occupy yourself with something else. Also, if you cut out refined sugar and artificial sweeteners from your diet you won't have those cravings. I conquered my life-long sugar addiction in a week and haven't physically craved sugar since January. I still have a mental addiction, so I still buy candy or soda, but as soon as I have one bite or drink I realize I don't actually want it.
  • DarMC
    DarMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The Special K with chocolate in it, small bowl. Yummo
  • zadowd
    zadowd Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was told to eat something high in protein before bed to help keep your metabolism on high throughout the night, so I eat cottage cheese with peaches for the sweet.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Almonds seem to work for me, I only need a few, but I find it satisfies that need to snack. Of course, I'd like to get rid of the "need to snack" and I'm getting there but it is still a work in progress!
  • gardea
    gardea Posts: 75
    Options
    Personally, I LOVE Edy's no sugar added fruit pops. They are popsicles. 25 tiny little calories and 0 fat. They are yummy.
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Oatmeal with a little yogurt and honey, berries or craisins, and a little whipped cream on top! Filling, helps the sweet craving, good for sleep.
  • aecryan
    aecryan Posts: 89
    Options
    I usually have a high fiber cereal with 1% milk. Frosted mini wheats are my fav.
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I go for a banana sometimes. If I was organized I would have the banana frozen ahead of time and blend it up to an ice-cream consistency.

Also, I have heard that a little bit of complex carbohydrate, like potato with skin or whole grain cracker will keep your blood sugar in check through the night. You can read about it here: http://www.radiantrecovery.com/7steps.htm I know many people may disagree with eating carbs before bed.

HTH

Jill
  • jpw430
    jpw430 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A favorite of mine when I want something sweet are "Kroger Gel Bites" - (there are other brands too). They are a packaged version of "knox blocks" that I remember as a child, where a packet of unflavored Knox Gelatin was added to a box of Jello - making for a Jello treat that kids could pick up and eat with their hands. The version that I get at Kroger is sugar-free, and listed as 15 calories per portion. An entire bag is 45 calories or so.