Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

low calorie midnight snack ideas?

killer_cupcake
killer_cupcake Posts: 45 Member
I'm sooooo craving something sweet. but its already 9pm. . . i don't know what i can eat that has little calories any ideas?
whats the most calories thats safe to eat at night as a snack?

Replies

• I know it sounds like nothing but I always try to keep sugar free jello cups and light whipped cream in the house. Just a dollop of light whipped cream on top, take it slow eating it, and honestly, it makes me feel like I've "treated" myself! LOL Says a lot for the mind of a dieting woman, right? :)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Some fruit, a fiber bar, or pudding fat free.

2639362.png
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    someone posted something a while ago that sounded awesome.... jello chocolate mousse temptations, low fat cool whip, and strawberries.....99 cals

i had some real chocolate pudding (150 cals) w/ strawberries last night and that really hit the spot.
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    When I get late night snack attacks, I usually make a shake with this, but use half the amount of mix and only about six ounces of water. http://www.naturade.com/Weight-Loss/Naturade-Total-Soy-Jug-Chocolate-Nat-and-Art-27-05-oz-p127.html

I buy mine at Sam's for a huge 3# (+) bag it's 20 bucks. It mixes with water in a shaker very nicely, and it tastes great.

Or I reach for fruit, a Schwan's trim creations fudge bar (50 calories), or a small scoop of real fruit sorbet.
  • jearmon1
    jearmon1 Posts: 1
    a lowfat fudge bar, most are about 100 calories, Stone Ridge Creamery at 110 calories is one of my favorites.
  • killer_cupcake
    killer_cupcake Posts: 45 Member
    I know it sounds like nothing but I always try to keep sugar free jello cups and light whipped cream in the house. Just a dollop of light whipped cream on top, take it slow eating it, and honestly, it makes me feel like I've "treated" myself! LOL Says a lot for the mind of a dieting woman, right? :)

mmmmmm so yummy thanks thats what i ended up doing a really yummy 105 calorie snack of jello and whipped cream thanx!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Resist the craving and occupy yourself with something else. Also, if you cut out refined sugar and artificial sweeteners from your diet you won't have those cravings. I conquered my life-long sugar addiction in a week and haven't physically craved sugar since January. I still have a mental addiction, so I still buy candy or soda, but as soon as I have one bite or drink I realize I don't actually want it.
  • DarMC
    DarMC Posts: 78 Member
    The Special K with chocolate in it, small bowl. Yummo
  • zadowd
    zadowd Posts: 44 Member
    I was told to eat something high in protein before bed to help keep your metabolism on high throughout the night, so I eat cottage cheese with peaches for the sweet.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Almonds seem to work for me, I only need a few, but I find it satisfies that need to snack. Of course, I'd like to get rid of the "need to snack" and I'm getting there but it is still a work in progress!
  • gardea
    gardea Posts: 75
    Personally, I LOVE Edy's no sugar added fruit pops. They are popsicles. 25 tiny little calories and 0 fat. They are yummy.
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Oatmeal with a little yogurt and honey, berries or craisins, and a little whipped cream on top! Filling, helps the sweet craving, good for sleep.
  • aecryan
    aecryan Posts: 89
    I usually have a high fiber cereal with 1% milk. Frosted mini wheats are my fav.
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    I go for a banana sometimes. If I was organized I would have the banana frozen ahead of time and blend it up to an ice-cream consistency.

Also, I have heard that a little bit of complex carbohydrate, like potato with skin or whole grain cracker will keep your blood sugar in check through the night. You can read about it here: http://www.radiantrecovery.com/7steps.htm I know many people may disagree with eating carbs before bed.

HTH

Jill
  • jpw430
    jpw430 Posts: 20 Member
    A favorite of mine when I want something sweet are "Kroger Gel Bites" - (there are other brands too). They are a packaged version of "knox blocks" that I remember as a child, where a packet of unflavored Knox Gelatin was added to a box of Jello - making for a Jello treat that kids could pick up and eat with their hands. The version that I get at Kroger is sugar-free, and listed as 15 calories per portion. An entire bag is 45 calories or so.