If you are neglecting starting p90x --- Why?

Options
Let's hear it!

Replies

• brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bc i would have a major asthma attack and then proceed to die? lol
    One program doesnt always fit everyone. Time to open your eyes and mind to that.
  • iluvmine
    iluvmine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    im starting tomorrow watching the intro cd tonight.. wish me luck!!!
  • wannalose25
    wannalose25 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i only hear about it....what is it all about?
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the body shape / major muscle definition it produces for me personally. But from everything I've seen / heard those who do are loving it and getting results.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    One program doesnt always fit everyone. Time to open your eyes and mind to that.

Hey Brittany - while I definately do not agree that all problems are right for all people... are you letting your asthma hold you back. I have pretty severe asthma and require and rescue inhaler almost daily plus before exercise... and I am doing it! If you wanna do it... go for it ... and if you dont thats cool too ... just wanted to say that!
  • krise31
    krise31 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm OBSESSED with the Beachbody products now. Right now I'm on week 8 of the original Power 90 series. After I finish this I'm moving onto Power 90 Master series followed by P90x and lastly Insanity and Insanity The Asylum which came out yesterday.

You should know Power 90 starts at level 1-2, 3-4 Master series picks up at levels 5-6 and 7-8 which should get anyone ready for P90X and beyond.

I've gone down almost 3 pant sizes in 7 weeks doing Power 90 you can see my results so far in my profile I loveeeeeeee itttttt!!
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    i have watched youtube videos, i think its a like or not like kinda workout. I was nauseous just watching it. I think that people generally have things that work for them, P90x, is not for me.
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound dumb, but what is it?? lol.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have a disc problem and some knee and hip problems. I've toyed with the idea. Right now I'm doing Zumba DVDs, KettleWorx for strength training, and adding walking and elliptical training here and there. My stamina has gotten a lot better and my back pain and sciatica is not nearly as bad as it used to be. I'm trying to decide between P90X and TurboFire. I'm more of a person who likes to dance, so I am leaning more to TF.
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    Because I don't have the money to spend on extra hand weights, pull up/push up bars, yoga blocks, and the other equipment involved. I'm unemployed, so don't tell me that I have to make it a priority. Insurance and my dogs' vet visits, along with rent and gas take priority.

I doubt I have the room in my house... how much room is required?
    I bet I can't even do some of the moves anyway (chin-ups? No way.)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I don't want to pay for it

I don't have a place to do it in my current living space.

I get annoyed with the militant :"This way is the only way" attitude.

But, mostly I enjoy what I'm doing right now.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm OBSESSED with the Beachbody products now. Right now I'm on week 8 of the original Power 90 series. After I finish this I'm moving onto Power 90 Master series followed by P90x and lastly Insanity and Insanity The Asylum which came out yesterday.

You should know Power 90 starts at level 1-2, 3-4 Master series picks up at levels 5-6 and 7-8 which should get anyone ready for P90X and beyond.

I've gone down almost 3 pant sizes in 7 weeks doing Power 90 you can see my results so far in my profile I loveeeeeeee itttttt!!

I was replying while you posted your reply. Thank you for explaining the levels! It will help me decide which direction to go.
  • SirJFK
    SirJFK Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    because the person doing it who is inflexible and really out of shape should NOT start at an extreme level when deciding to finally start getting into shape... I started P90X and within 15 mins I was way passed my high zone HR and was not feeling too good, thought I was gonna die actually... So I retracted and went to Power 90 and started there, much lighter and a bit better paced for the guy just starting out, and you feel like you can do it and actually stick with it feeling your able to do something as opposed to wanting to quit a program b/c you can't do it.
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    I have a disc problem and some knee and hip problems. I've toyed with the idea. Right now I'm doing Zumba DVDs, KettleWorx for strength training, and adding walking and elliptical training here and there. My stamina has gotten a lot better and my back pain and sciatica is not nearly as bad as it used to be. I'm trying to decide between P90X and TurboFire. I'm more of a person who likes to dance, so I am leaning more to TF.

Ohh I love TurboFire!! If you like dancing--you'll love it. :)
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Hey Brittany - while I definately do not agree that all problems are right for all people... are you letting your asthma hold you back. I have pretty severe asthma and require and rescue inhaler almost daily plus before exercise... and I am doing it! If you wanna do it... go for it ... and if you dont thats cool too ... just wanted to say that!

I don't "let" it hold me back. It does!!! . Hmmm... should I continue working out and die or should I take a 5 minute break so I can use my inhaler and breathe? let me think about that one lol. Saying that, before I started working out, a 10 min walk would make me have a pretty bad attack. Now, I can work out pretty hard for nearly an hour before it creeps up. I am getting better, but it still holds me back. Asthma is a part of my life, and it will always hold me back to a certain point. I will ALWAYS need my inhaler on me. But it is my goal to be able to hike to Devil's Tower this summer, in Woming.

Also, i had a friend who did p90x. She gave up 3 times, then did it all the way through. She was so bulky. It was gross. I want to look feminine and hot... not like some gross body builder.
  • krise31
    krise31 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

I was replying while you posted your reply. Thank you for explaining the levels! It will help me decide which direction to go.

Glad I could help :happy:
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Also, i had a friend who did p90x. She gave up 3 times, then did it all the way through. She was so bulky. It was gross. I want to look feminine and hot... not like some gross body builder.

I feel the same way. That is not a look I find attractive or want for myself.
  • CassarahW
    CassarahW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with the slim in 6 tomorrow! I'm excited. I will probably do another beach body workout before I move on to p90x. I'm looking forward to seeing the results!
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Let's hear it!

....challenge yourself and see what you can do, fitness effects everyone differently! Everyone is going to have their own opinion about it, but I would just do it myself. I'm a big user of P90x!
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    because the person doing it who is inflexible and really out of shape should NOT start at an extreme level when deciding to finally start getting into shape... I started P90X and within 15 mins I was way passed my high zone HR and was not feeling too good, thought I was gonna die actually... So I retracted and went to Power 90 and started there, much lighter and a bit better paced for the guy just starting out, and you feel like you can do it and actually stick with it feeling your able to do something as opposed to wanting to quit a program b/c you can't do it.

As Tony says modify, modify, modify. I am not able to keep up with the people on the DVD, but I certainly push myself to the top of my level. I keep an eye on my HRM so I do not push to high. If my heart rate climbs to high I slow down/take a break so it comes down to training level and keep going. I some days I do not even do the full length of the DVD. I am still sore and getting a solid workout though so it works. Progress is being made so just start slow and do what you can and work up to full workouts. Saying you 'can't do it' is just an excuse.