How do i get rid of the DAMN spare tire???

Options
I've been working out well, drinking tons of water, cut out my diet soda intake drastically (down to like 1-2 a week, as opposed to 3-4 a day), eating better and watching my calories.... I feel great, and 'feel' my body slightly changing.... except the dreaded spare tire! It seems no matter what I do, that's not going anywhere. I just have that little bit of pudgy-ness under the belly button, to the love handles/'back fat'. What can i do to shrink this? It's making me mad more than anything. I do ab/core stuff, and feel my core muscles getting harder underneath, but that roll under the button does not shrink. I do cardio as well. UGH. What can i do???!!!

HELP!

Replies

• kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    If you find out let me know because i have the love handle thing going on too and cant stand it
  • iluvmine
    iluvmine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i have a pooch that will not disappear..im sure have a six pack under there as much ab work i do.. good luck.
  • zadowd
    zadowd Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    More protein and cardio is what I have been told. Just started protein shakes hope it works.
  • n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    bump
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/get-rid-belly-fat?hs317=billboard_2

maybe this might help some?

Best thing you can do overall is CARDIO!
  • SugaDumplin
    Options
    Mine is a muffin top and I can't get rid of that either.
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It seems like you might just be not working you lower abs as much as the rest of them. Try switching it up a little and doing some different ones to see if you can get those lower muscles. Good luck!
  • bolton05
    bolton05 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Get adequate protein, intervals, full body circuit training...
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Just keep losing weight and it will dissapear to reveal the abs you've been working on underneath.

Belly fat is the last to go for many people. That is exactly where my last 5lbs is sitting.
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    this workout TOTALLY eliminated my love handles in like 2-3 weeks, no joke! i have always been big on ab workouts but i never really targeted my lower back region, so i started doing these leg lifts and it really got the job done quickly.

stand up straight in front of a wall and put your hands up on the wall in front of you, this just helps to keep your back straight. lift one leg up behind you as high as you can get it, keeping your back as straight as possible. do 25 lifts, the do the other leg. then bend down 90 degrees, placing your hands on a bench or a chair or something and do 25 more lifts straight up behind you, then 25 with the other leg. then do 30 fire hydrants on each leg (on all fours, lift one leg out and up to the side, keeping your knee bent, it should look like youre a dog taking a pee on a fire hydrant). then do 25 standing side leg raises, similar to the leg lifts but just bring your leg up to the side, aim for a 90 degree angle. i also throw in plies and lunges but i that's more for your thighs. so do 3 sets of all those exercises. for abs all i really have to do is lay down, hands under my butt and do leg raises. but try the leg workouts for your lower back - i saw a huge difference right away. good luck! :)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    If that's the first place you gain weight, it will also be the last place you lose weight - just stick with a healthy diet, cardio, and some abdominal workouts.
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    CARDIO! CARDIO! CARDIO!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    You can have the most AMAZING abs in the world, but if they're covered by fat, forget it - you won't see them! The fat will come off when (and where) it's ready. You've got to lower your overall body fat first.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    let the air out :laugh: