First week in - 4th day is feeling impossible i want to eat

Options
i want a peanutbutter sandwich, a big kiser bun with cheese and mayo, i want a some thing else.
i did good when i didn't have a huge breaky and huge lunch. i did better when i had a big dinner instead...
chronically eating during the day got me where i am, emotions got me to eat impossivly, and so on. I need to get past this. frustration and no motivation to contiue is going to come up. and i need to be prepared and aware that its happening when its happening.
then next time it gets tough and annoying, it wont be as bad as this time .

Thats what its like... even putting up this blog was tough, because i am not open to advice and support, grrr..
I've quit cheese, meat and bread, and its such a challenge.
I need to know what it was like for the first week and 2nd..

Replies

• absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself. Eat your favorites in smaller portions and increase the healthier food.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i guess my question would be.. why have you given up those things?

personally i plan to eat this way for the rest of my life...just a lil more of what i am eating now once i reach goal weight... and so, i deny myself nothing that i love and want *S*.. i just plan for it in moderation.

feel free to have a look at my diary if you'd like some ideas... it's public.

as with all things though, it takes time to train your body to recognize you are eating differently now. So now is a great time to drink lots more water, train your body to need it, plus it offsets hunger. We usually cannot tell the difference between hunger and thirst, so with each craving, have another glass of water *S*
  • jkewell
    jkewell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hear you.. I gave up chocolate the other day.. I love , love, love it! I am going nuts not being able to eat it. We are all here to support each other.
    Everyone here has been so awesome. And It's so motivating to read and see everyone's progress.
    You can do it!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself. Eat your favorites in smaller portions and increase the healthier food.

I agree with this...if you deprive yourself of so many things at once, it will be all you think about...I told myself I could have those "junky" foods still, just smaller amounts, but once I started adding in a lot of healthy food, I didn't desire the not so healthy things as much...even though I know I can still have them in moderation.

Also make sure you are eating enough calories, and foods with fiber, they will help you feel full.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Why did you choose to eliminate cheese, meat and bread?
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Seems like you may be over restricting. Have you considered eliminating meat or cheese or bread rather than all three? Some things are easier if you tackle them individually.
  • spa2011
    spa2011 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just keep on truckin'. This thing really works. You just have to find what things fill you the most and go from there. All my friends are losing weight. No kidding. Really did not think it would be this easy.
  • Harper0618
    Harper0618 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The first 2 weeks were a breeze for me and now I have struggled a lot the last 2 weeks. I lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks and didnt lose anything last week. This is so frustrating and I know exactly how you feel. Something that helped me was to look up the foods I use to eat...especially pizza and breadsticks...to see the amount of calories I use to eat. That helps to keep the cravings for those foods away. I have heard that if you are craving something dont deprive yourself. Have some but in a smaller amount. I hope this gets easier for you. My Fitness Pal is an awesome tool to have. There are so many people to support, motivate and inspire you. Good Luck with your Journey :)
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i would say you dont need/want to quit all the faves cold turkey. thats disastrous. cut back on the cheese. cut back on the starch. one slice instead of 2, that idea! mayo on 1/2 not all...then, as you get used to the idea of less, your mind WILL begin to cooperate:) good luck always
  • achapman01
    achapman01 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey Angela,
    Good job for joining the site and posting a blog! I personally don't believe you have to deprive yourself to get healthy and lose weight. Unless you are becoming vegan, why would you give up meat and cheese? (I agree with avoiding bread when possible.) It's about eating what is healthy, and getting enough exercise to get your body's own fat burning power working. I eat more now than I did before, but different foods. And an occasional treat is Ok, as long as you don't let it side track you going forward. May I suggest reading about "slow carb diets" such as the Four Hour Body, by Tim Ferriss, or the website MarksDailyApple that has lots of YUMMY recipes for high energy good food. GOOD FOR YOU for getting started! You can do it and thanks for sharing with all of us! Best Regards, Arlene
  • sabyars
    sabyars Posts: 26
    Options
    I feel that I get this way the week before "aunt flo" comes to town. I just want to eat and eat and EAT!! And I am still hungry!! So that week I don't deprive myself and I always get back on track the next week. If I gain, I usually lose it the next week. Don't ever deprive your self hun.. it will hurt you in the long run :D Good luck!!
  • gsallit
    gsallit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Living a healthy lifestyle does not mean you have to eliminate all the things that you like all togother, you try to make good choices but if you say I can never have that peanut butter sandwich ever again then you are setting your self to fail. I would say may be have half of that peanut butter sand. with some fruits make it with high fiber bread to fill you up, drink some tea after to supress your appetite. Don't eliminiate any food group just substitue with healthier alternatives.You can do it, make it a healthy life style change not a diet. Good luck!!!
  • Jerseygirl02
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself , find healthier versions of everything that you love to eat and pay attention to servings. Low fat cheese, whole grain breads and pasta, lean meats etc. I find it easier to eat smaller meals throughout the day so I won't get hungry and start to pick all day. Add more protein & veggies to most of your meals, it will be more filling. Everything in moderation! Hang in there, you can do it!!:smile::smile:
  • Ty_1227
    Ty_1227 Posts: 40
    Options
    I agree w/ some of the other posters - don't restrict yourself too much instead take baby steps and focus on portion control. For your first week in, consider minimal changes to your food choices but focus on eating half of what you normally would. Last Sunday, my family and I ate steak, baked potato, stir fry, and deviled eggs; but I had half of the steak I normally would and half of a baked potato instead of a whole.

Also, really focus on your water intake. Not only are 90% of us are habitually dehydrated, but the water can also help keep you filling more full throughout the day and curb any appetite cravings.

One other strategy is to focus on 5 smaller meals in a day rather than the standard three.

Keep up the good work though!