How bad is it to go over your protein intake?

Options
I've been doing great on everything except protein. I seem to always go over. I always thought protein was a good thing. How much will this affect my weight loss?

Replies

• HealthyKt78
    Options
    I've been doing great on everything except protein. I seem to always go over. I always thought protein was a good thing. How much will this affect my weight loss?
  • fit4fun
    Options
    Not bad! Protein doesn't make you gain weight! I always go over. It's fuel for you muscles. Keep up the good work!
  • healthychic
    Options
    A woman on here told me she eats a lot more protein than is recommended on here. She said that just her breakfast has as much protein as MFP recommends for her whole day and she has lost a lot of weight. So I don't think it matters THAT much, but you better ask others because I am not completely sure. I usually just look at the calories, fat and carbs. Even when I go over my carbs I don't see much difference, its mainly calories and fat. Hope this helps somewhat!:smile:

:heart: Danielle
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it only matters if it's excessive, if it interferes with you carb/fat intake or if it cause your calories to exceed your daily alotment. Excess protein is stored as fat just like excess carb and excess fats are so yes, it CAN make you gain weight, but not if your overall calories are where they should be.