Still hungry

Options
why is it that I do really well with keeping my calorie range with what I eat...but I"m still hungry at night? like right now...I'm still hungry! I'm having hunger pains. what am I doing wrong? I have been going to bed hungry.

Replies

• kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    I hate when that happens :mad: There are a lot of nights where I just go to bed because I can't stand it, I also chug a ton of water too.
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Try eating clean healthy foods all day long, every 2-3 hours with a complex carb and a protein together. Drink lots of water too! I find when I eat clean foods at a 40/40/20 (carbs/protein/fat) that is when I'm most satisfied. :bigsmile:
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i dont know if u drink it or not, but safe a few extra cals for milk. a few swigs of milk usually does the trick for me when im hungry at night. and i dont like milk. but i dont like being hungry even more! lol.
  • crysmiss86
    crysmiss86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would go to bed early too when I had no calories left. . Or save some calories for something light at the end of the night to calm down the pains.
  • iq5203
    iq5203 Posts: 17
    Options
    You need to find what satisfies you. A couple of reasons I'm still hungry at the end of the day:
    -Calories too low
    -Bad nutritional balance (I started taking a multivitamin)
    -Too many carbs (Not sure why this makes me hungry, but I do better with high protein)
    -Late snack (for some reason this makes me hungry for more)
    -Not enough water (Chugging water didn't help, needs to be evenly distributed)
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    It's your body telling you it needs food! Feed it, don't starve it!

Have some cottage cheese and fruit, or a yogurt and crackers. Get a complex carb (takes longer to digest and leaves you feeling full longer), protein (regulates the carb breakdown), and a little fat (leaves you feeling full).

If you are going to bed hungry, your body will consume muscle for energy, lowering your metabolism and hindering your weight loss goals. :(.

Good luck!