Your views on coffee?

Options
I have to be honest: I'll go to bed early just because I'm so excited to wake up and have my morning coffee (with some sugar free Torani syrup in it, of course)!! But recently I've been reading some articles that say that drinking coffee can hinder weight loss? Do you guys think this is true? What have you heard on the matter?

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Nope. But the SF syrup is full of junk, and I wouldn't recommend it. I've been a coffee addict my whole life and it's never hindered my weight loss. Whoever says it will simply isn't working hard enough to lose weight.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. Black coffee only has about 2 calories per cup. So I really don't see how it could hinder weight loss. Unless you are adding a bunch of sugar and milk/cream.

Everything in moderation!
  • Girlypeekaboo
    Options
    I love coffee! but everytime i drink a cup i make sure i have an extra cup of water after
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions. That is all.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    coffee can help weight loss is what I have heard

and I love the SF torani! What flavor do you have? :]
  • Crystal817
    Options
    Coffee is the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions.

qft
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    I love black coffee, always start my day with a cup, then have at least 1 more throughout the day ( used to be loads more). Though I have have noticed since starting my journey, it makes me thirsty about 15-20 mins after I drink it????? so I have to drink more water, which is fine. Its just a little strange....
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hasn't hindered me. I only drinking it black other than a non-fat cappuccino on a rare occasion. I can relate to looking forward to that morning cup or shot. I used to stock decaf just so I could continue drinking it into the night.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I look forward to my one cup every morning and I use REAL cream and artificial sweetner. BUT I gave up soda completely which is saying a lot since I would drink a twelve pack every two days! Its my one "cheat" but it isn't really if it fits into my daily calories and everything else is low fat non white carbs veggied up! And I am getting 30 to 45 mins of exercise EVERY DAY! I love my coffee and NO YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! LOL
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard anything but I don't drink coffee and never have. Can't stand the taste lol
  • anubis609
    Options

And where can I get more flavors than just the typical hazelnut and vanilla?...
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I don't have my textbook with me, but I do recall reading that a small amount of caffeine helps your body burn fat faster.
  • Naomi91
    Options

http://shop.torani.com/

right here!! sooo many
  • msowens
    msowens Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    recently I've been reading some articles that say that drinking coffee can hinder weight loss? Do you guys think this is true?

Do you have links? Or maybe can you tell us the reasoning behind it?

Personally I don't believe it. Coffee is basically caffeine flavored water. Unless the caffeine somehow hinders weight loss, I don't see it.
  • Crystal817
    Options

right here!! sooo many

Wow! I think I'm going to get some...Pumpkin Pie...yum!
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    I've never heard that at all but I gave up coffee when I gave up other stuff because I can't drink it without cream and sugar. :smile:
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking coffee this whole time and have lost weight. That's the science of coffee and weight loss to me...
  • anubis609
    Options

right here!! sooo many

I found it while the site was down for maintenance. Time to place a significant amount of orders. Lol.
  • Naomi91
    Options

right here!! sooo many

Wow! I think I'm going to get some...Pumpkin Pie...yum!

I have the pumpkin pie!! Its AMAZING :D I put coconut flavor in some diet hot cocoa too :)))) tastes like an almond joy! but 25 calories :D
  • Crystal817
    Options

I have the pumpkin pie!! Its AMAZING :D I put coconut flavor in some diet hot cocoa too :)))) tastes like an almond joy! but 25 calories :D

Have you tried the peanut butter?! Coffee and peanut butter? Not sure it gets much better...