INSANITY

Options
Really considering INSANITY for the workout program that i want to get started on. Its pretty much personal training at home as long as you have the will to stay on track with fitness and eating plan right? Does anyone have any feedback or before and after pix? Do any of you praise it religiously? Number 1 workout and diet program? Let me get some guidance! Thanks!

Replies

• maurapie
    maurapie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love insanity! I haven't been doing it for very long, but it is definitely addicting! If you like cardio and plyometrics, its definitely for you.
  • DIDGERID00DUDE
    Options
    Is there anywhere to get it for cheap? How is the diet?
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    You could look on ebay or somewhere online that can sell it for cheaper than going to the beachbody site. The diet is basically a 1500 calorie diet that consists of a good ratio of carbs, lean protein, and fat. If I had to guess, it's probably around a 40/30/30 ratio, respectively. They give you some recipes to follow per meal and offer alternatives if you wanna add 100 - 200 calories per your BMR. It's not absolutely necessary to follow their nutritional plan, it's just recommended if you're unfamiliar with the healthy alternatives for food. I personally don't follow it, but my diet is similar to theirs, so it's not a big deal.

Keep in mind that Insanity isn't for anyone who's not already somewhat physically conditioned to perform such demanding routines. The very first day is a fit test. If you can get through that, then you should be ok for the rest of the first month. Shaun T. will constantly remind you to keep proper form, breathe correctly [exhale on exertion], and keep your core constantly engaged [abs flexed everytime you perform a jump, squat, push-up, burp, fart, sneeze, etc...]. Those are basically the key parts to making sure you're working the correct muscles and not in a position to injure yourself.

Should you get it, have fun. Push yourself harder each time you do the next routine. Enjoy the exhaustion. Love the pain. You will see results.
  • maurapie
    maurapie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you become a beachbody coach you get 25% off (I'm one because I love a lot of their products) but, otherwise, I'm sure you can download it illegally lol (torrent, maybe?). I haven't done the diet plan for Insanity, but I've done the P90X diet, and I kind of like doing it on my own instead... Here's a link that has the workout calendar, and I believe the diet plan is on there too
    http://www.extremely-fit.com/fitness-tips/2010/03/insanity-fit-worksheets-calendar/

*edit- it doen't have the diet plan, just a sheet to track what you eat
  • danniibella
    danniibella Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am starting this just waiting on the DVD to arrive, can't wait :). I got mine off amazon for £40 far cheaper than off the beachbody website.
  • DIDGERID00DUDE
    Options
    @Phil_McRotch- Thanks man, great feedback. Im in the Air Force so i believe i can keep up with it...key word is believe haha. Ive done different cardio workouts with star jumps/ mountain climbers etc. but nothing that looks this intense. Dude, 125lbs lost?? Wow, strictly INSANITY workouts or what? congrats!

@mcoats26- I've got a guy i work with that was refering me to the beachbody site. I will check it out. I have searched many torrents haha, no luck...all garbage copies that freeze instantly. haha
  • DIDGERID00DUDE
    Options
    @dannibella- Wow what a price diff! Just went to Amazon and see used copies for $82.00. =)
  • casie05
    casie05 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love insanity! I lost 20 pounds with it. I just got his new one the asylum in! So excited to start it!! The meal plan for insanity is great! It's easy to follow and has different choices so if u don't want one thing they have u can eat something else ..
  • DIDGERID00DUDE
    Options
    @casie05- Wicked! A new one eh? Seems like I have fallen out of the fitness game for a while. LOL, Insanity...then Asylum...how original. Ok for the meal plan, how do they know what is right for you to eat or the calories that you are supposed to intake? Do you input your measurements in the beginning? thanks!