How Often do you Get on the Scales?

Options
I was just curious how often most people step on the scales.:tongue: I think that once I've been watching calories for a while that I'll get away from wanting to weigh everyday. :laugh:

Replies

• teacheratkins24
    teacheratkins24 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was just curious how often most people step on the scales.:tongue: I think that once I've been watching calories for a while that I'll get away from wanting to weigh everyday. :laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    7am every Friday.

To keep yourself sane weigh in once every 1-2 weeks. Weight fluctuates so weighing constantly will drive you nuts :laugh:
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    I weigh every morning between 6:45 a.m. and 7:15 a.m., after going potty and with no clothes. I have done this for about 21 years. Bad obsession! :bigsmile:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Every morning, but I don't recommend it lol
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Since April08 Ive weighted every morning.... I like to see my numbers fluctate!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but I also don't see a lot of the fluctuations that other people seem to. I know that if I had pizza on Friday night (every Friday is pizza and movie night with the boys), I'm going to see a one or two pound increase. Other than that, I stay pretty steady.

If you find yourself feeling stressed about the scale, it's best to put it away. And don't just go by weight, use a tape measure and you'll be surprised at inches lost with little weight loss. I was just reading a post earlier and someone said they dropped 4 dress sizes and only lost 5 pounds.
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale, but I weigh myself whenever I stay over at my boyfriend's house (about once a week). I like to weight more often than that, maybe every 2 or 3 days, just to make sure I'm on track!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, have for about a year now. Helps keep me on track. I also don't see a huge difference in numbers unless I really overeat or it's that time of the month.
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I had always stepped on right after my morning pee:embarassed: , naked of course:bigsmile:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I try to limit it for every Sunday.
  • teacheratkins24
    teacheratkins24 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I'm only going to get on the scales on Monday Mornings, after I go to the bathroom and with nothing on! Thanks for all your tips!:happy:
    Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Every morning around 7am...
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It's embarrassing how often I weigh myself. I become obsessed and have to take the batteries out of my scale and put it in the closet and after a week I'll bring it back out and obsess again. Not healthy. I realize.

The scales can really throw your diet/healthy lifestyle. If you're a slave to the numbers, it may be best to not own one.

But generally, once a week is the best indicator. I wish you the best of luck!!!

...haha sorry that was a long answer to a short question! :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I do it a lot...when I wake up, after I go potty, after I eat a big meal, after I work out, right before bed. I just like to see my weight wobble around. It doesn't bother me to see an increase or make me especially excited to see a decrease. Sometimes I just think it's neat to see how much my food weighs.:laugh:
  • logansmommy
    Options
    Every couple of days. I used to every morning, but that wasent good because even if I gained one little ounce, that would totally ruin my whole day lol.