Ive gained weight over night?

Options
Okay so yesterday wasnt my best day i exercised alot and ended up eating food i shouldnt of done but my weight has shot up from 85.4 to 87.1 kg this morning any ideas why? Is it permenant or just body digestion taking more time due to eating junk food.

Replies

• Walking2Lose
    Walking2Lose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No, it isn't accurate if that is what your asking. It is most likely just water weight. I've read articles on other sites stating that your weight fluctuates a lot and that you can't "gain" weight that fast. There is a reason they say to weight yourself once a week...because your weight changes/ fluctuates many times during the day. If you stick with weighing yourself once a week the same time each week it will be more accurate.

hope this helped..good luck!
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    so I must assume you are weighing daily. thats ok as long as you realise that our weight goes up and down thoughout the week, mine varies by 6 pounds, I know this because I have weighed in every day since January and thats just how my body deals with the week's consumption.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate by a coupe of pounds a day which is why the experts only recommend a weekly weigh-in. Saying that, I weigh daily too......

I wouldn't worry about it just yet.....just cut back a little if you're concerned.

Sue :smile: x
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I weigh daily, too. I just know which weight to take seriously...the one that goes DOWN! ;)
  • Walking2Lose
    Walking2Lose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, too. I just know which weight to take seriously...the one that goes DOWN! ;)

That's cute! LOL...I actually weight daily as well, but I agree that I only take the weekly weigh in seriously. I weigh daily so I know if I need to work on eating less or working out more.
  • crazeness
    crazeness Posts: 91
    Options
    Okay so yesterday wasnt my best day i exercised alot and ended up eating food i shouldnt of done but my weight has shot up from 85.4 to 87.1 kg this morning any ideas why? Is it permenant or just body digestion taking more time due to eating junk food.

As everyone else has previously said your weight will fluctuate during the day.

My suggestion to you would be to just weigh in once a week, then you won't stress so much about the different readings. :smile:
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and record my results. I like the discipline of doing something daily, and it helps me center myself. If I'm showing a loss I don't want to mess up, if I'm showing a gain I want to work harder.

I am weighed and have my body composition analyzed (via calipers) once a month at the gym and if weighing myself daily discouraged me, sidetracked my eating or exercising, or didn't suit my purposes and goals I'd just wait for my trainer to do it.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every wednesday morning, as soonas i wake up (after peeing) coz then my stomach is empty and i've not eaten - best consistant approach I hvae - plus, doing it on a wednesday means if i do endulge on a weekend, I hvae Monday and Tuesday to work hard and get some of it off before weigh in!