Shamelessly addicted...

Options
I am shamelessly addicted to McDonald's Mocha Frappe's and even without the whipped cream and chocolate drizzle it still weighs in around 470 calories for a medium. Starbucks offers a similar drink that is only 140 calories but almost $5. Does anyone have a recipe for a low calorie mocha frappe? I will love you forever!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I have an espresso machine at home, so I think they're super easy to make! I do a double shot of espresso, skim milk, a handful of ice cubes and a teaspoon of cocoa power, and sweeten with Truvia or Splenda. It's not as rich, but it is creamy and the flavors are the same.

If you don't have an espresso machine, I bet instant espresso crystals would work as well.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't have any expresso, I just make some really strong coffee, handful of ice, 1tbsp french vanilla ice cream - milk of your choice works too, chocolate syrup or cocoa powder, sweeten with splenda...I hate whipped cream, but a sprinkle of cinnamon adds a little zing...don't know the calories of Baskin Robbins cappucino blast, but my homemade recipe is close...yummy!:drinker:
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How about something like this, only make it cold of couse by adding ice and just admit the toffee, just tweak it.

HG's Toffee Mocha Hotté

Mocha Choca-Latta Yum-Yum!

When we saw that the new limited-time-only drink at Starbucks has MOCHA goodness mixed with sweet TOFFEE flavor, we knew we had to give it a guilt-free makeover. And we're SO glad we did! Make it now, people...

Ingredients:
    One 25-calorie packet hot cocoa mix (like Swiss Miss Diet or Nestlé Fat Free)
    2 tsp. instant coffee granules
    1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, or more for optional topping
    1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk, or more for optional frothed topping
    1 tbsp. sugar-free calorie-free English toffee-flavored syrup (like the kind by Torani)
    Optional topping: Cool Whip Free

Directions:
    Place cocoa mix, coffee granules, and cocoa powder in a large microwave-safe mug or glass. Add 1 cup hot water and stir to dissolve ingredients.

Add soymilk and toffee syrup. Mix well.

Microwave until hot, 30 - 45 seconds.

If you like, top with Cool Whip or frothed milk (see tip below) and a pinch of additional cocoa powder. Sip away!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: entire recipe (about 12 oz.)
    Calories: 68
    Fat: 1.25g
    Sodium: 202mg
    Carbs: 10g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 5.75g
    Protein: 5g

PointsPlus® value 2*
  • beccaboo1021
    Options
    That sounds delicious!!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Really strong coffee works as an espresso replacement very well. Just get a coffee grinder and grind your coffee grounds into a powder and use those in your coffee pot.
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    Those are some good ideas, thanks guys! I will have to try them!!
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Coffee/Ice/Fat free coffee flavoring cream like the International Delights I think they are called. Add some splenda or whatever you like if you need it sweeter. It'll work. Any coffee drink you can buy some place you can make at home and its rarely as hard as it may seem.
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If all else fails Starbucks makes a skinny cinnamon dulce that is great.
    I would have enjoyed mine this morning but I dropped it getting out of my car....:sad: