which is right?

Options
So, I purchased a WII & WII fit. . .and the weight that comes up on the bodyscan, is like 3 lbs lower than my normal bathroom scale. I've been sticking with the bathroom scale cuz I've been using that all along, but wondering which one is more 'right'. . .thinking next time I have a dr's appointment, I'll do it first thing in the morning so I can compare the weights. My luck, it'll be a third weight LOL

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    you mean the body test ? my wii fit plus weight is higher than my bathroom scale..i wish i could use the bathroom scale weight, it's 8 lbs lower, but i am putting my trust in the balance board..best of luck :drinker:
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    No way to tell really. Just keep using the same scale. Even if it is off, you gains and loses will be correct.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Trust your scale.
    The wii always asks about clothing weight.
    Which can be off.
    Naked weight on the scale will be the correct weight.
  • milanfan15
    Options
    when the wii prompts you for your "clothing weight" you should enter 0. most people enter light, or heavy, which means the scale deducts an extra 2 or 3 lbs for your clothing weight, where as your bathroom scale does not.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    My Wii Fit had me weighing in 10 pounds less than my bathroom scale last week. I put a couple of 10 pound dumbells on the bathroom scale and it was .4 a pound off...I'm sticking with the bathroom scale.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    No way to tell really. Just keep using the same scale. Even if it is off, you gains and loses will be correct.

Put a free weight or something you know the weight of on the scale and/or bodyscan and see if it comes up correctly. I use a five pound weight. If my scale reads five pounds I know it's correct. If it reads three then I know it is off by two.