Slim Shots..??

Options
I'm just curious if anyone has ever tried those Slim Shots? A friend of mine swears by them and says they really help.. but she's only been using them for a week. , I don't know much at all about them, so I was wondering if anyone had any info. It is the pod ones that she is using, for an appetite suppressant. They are a lot of money, if they really do work, then maybe I'll try them for those REALLY REALLY hard days during the month. Thanks!:smile:

(I'd take her word but she tries everything out there and swears at the time that it works:huh: )

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute for proper diet and exercise, end of story. There are lots of gimmicks out there and none get the results that diet and exercise will produce in the long term.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I am not even sure what you are talking about, but there are no quick fixes (short or liposuction, maybe).
  • sunflower0022
    sunflower0022 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    not looking for a quick fix.. just something to help out with craving and hunger during that time of month... with out it I am a-ok with my food and balance everything good.. there are a few days though... :grumble:
  • Niceven
    Niceven Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    not looking for a quick fix.. just something to help out with craving and hunger during that time of month... with out it I am a-ok with my food and balance everything good.. there are a few days though... :grumble:

Amen! In defense of slim shots and other apetite suppressants; we're not looking for a quick fix. These are used in conjuction with a healthy diet and (at least) moderate excercise. Not everyone can cut from a 3000 cal diet to a 1200 cal diet cold turkey. At least in the beginning, we need a little help.

People need to stop thinking of aids as "fads" and "quick fixes" because they're not. None of these will work that way and any rational human being knows that. So for the people warning everyone off of slim shots, stop. This isn't a magic pill (er, drink) that's going to drop 20 lbs in one week and it's not marketed as such. The original poster knows that, she was just trying to get feedback from people who used it, not people who think of it as a quick fix. I've read and reread the package to see if it says anywhere on there that it aids weightloss, or some garunteed amount you're going to lose. It doesn't. I clearly markets that it helps with apetite only.

Sunflower0022, to answer your original question, I've just started them and they seem to be working. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I don't plan to use them much longer, I'm just trying to get my stomach to adapt to the fact that I'm not going to stuff it till it pops anymore!

If this came off pissy, I apologize. I've just always had a thing about people jumping to conclusions without all of the facts.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

Amen! In defense of slim shots and other apetite suppressants; we're not looking for a quick fix. These are used in conjuction with a healthy diet and (at least) moderate excercise. Not everyone can cut from a 3000 cal diet to a 1200 cal diet cold turkey. At least in the beginning, we need a little help.

People need to stop thinking of aids as "fads" and "quick fixes" because they're not. None of these will work that way and any rational human being knows that. So for the people warning everyone off of slim shots, stop. This isn't a magic pill (er, drink) that's going to drop 20 lbs in one week and it's not marketed as such. The original poster knows that, she was just trying to get feedback from people who used it, not people who think of it as a quick fix. I've read and reread the package to see if it says anywhere on there that it aids weightloss, or some garunteed amount you're going to lose. It doesn't. I clearly markets that it helps with apetite only.

Sunflower0022, to answer your original question, I've just started them and they seem to be working. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I don't plan to use them much longer, I'm just trying to get my stomach to adapt to the fact that I'm not going to stuff it till it pops anymore!

If this came off pissy, I apologize. I've just always had a thing about people jumping to conclusions without all of the facts.

No one should be going from 3000 calories to 1200 cold turkey, as you put it. If people have unrealistic goals, then yes they're going to be hungry and eventually ill to boot. The way to address that issue is by dropping calories more modestly, not by purchasing OTC 'appetite suppressants'.

Anyone who is even CONSIDERING these totally unregulated OTC diet aids ought to bring them to their doctors and see if their doctor will sign off on them. If so, godspeed. If not, don't take them.

Slim Shots appears to be less dangerous than many of these OTC diet aids as it doesn't have any stimulants in it.

It's made of Oat oil, Palm oil and aspartame with a little beta carotene thrown in for color and some artificial vanilla flavoring. It makes you feel full because it's basicaly a serving or two of fat. You could easily add fats to your diet for far less money without purchasing a supplement of any type.
  • Niceven
    Niceven Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    No one should be going from 3000 calories to 1200 cold turkey, as you put it. If people have unrealistic goals, then yes they're going to be hungry and eventually ill to boot. The way to address that issue is by dropping calories more modestly, not by purchasing OTC 'appetite suppressants'.

Anyone who is even CONSIDERING these totally unregulated OTC diet aids ought to bring them to their doctors and see if their doctor will sign off on them. If so, godspeed. If not, don't take them.

I'm sorry, sarcasm and exageration is lost online. Obviously, someone going from a 3000 cal diet couldn't go down to 1200 even with the help of an aid. Next time I'll note that it was an exageration.

As to your comment about taking them to get ok'd by your doctor, absolutely. You should be having your doctor sign off on almost everything you do when it comes to weightloss. Which, by the way, mine -suggested- slim shots by name. There's not as much a stima around them as people seem to think.

That being said, no, they're not for everyone. Self control plays a BIG part. It doesn't get rid of cravings altogether.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I used slim shots last year, when I first started losing weight...I found that they really did help me (even if was just in my mind) to get through the first few weeks of calorie reduction. And I really liked that they didn't make me wired.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem with them is that they taste nasty! :sick:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, sarcasm and exageration is lost online. Obviously, someone going from a 3000 cal diet couldn't go down to 1200 even with the help of an aid. Next time I'll note that it was an exageration.
    Obviously? No. There are many people who try to do just that, no exaggeration.
  • notgivingup2012
    Options
    When I eat a can of tuna, that really surpresses my appetite, and thats cheapier.. hope that helps.