Curiosity question (for the ladies)

Options
Slightly related topic to the website I guess.

I have never really been very "regular", except when I was on BC. Finally got hormones and such back into some sort of schedule about 6 months ago where I was finally having a normal period once a month. Should have started first week of April but haven't. HPT the other day was negative. I've been going to the gym 4-5 days a week for about the last month, month and a half. Would switching from no real activity to going to the gym on a regular basis mess up your cycle like that? Really don't know so just asking.

Replies

• JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely can. I was finally on a 28 day cycle for the first time in my life after the birth of my son, but this month I was two days late. Not fun!
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I notice that your current weight is extremely low. That could have something to do with your cycle being off. Good luck with your quest to maintain a healthy weight!!
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    yeah because your body is going through a major readjustment from non active to heavily active. :) it causes your hormones to change too. if it continues might want to talk to your doc about the change in your diet and exercise so they can monitor that and adjust as needed. :)
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I started the depo shot around the time I started on here. It was supposed to rid me of my cycle completely (due to issues I have I needed it gone) and it worked. For the first 3-4 months here I didn't exercise, only focused on my food - no cycles the entire time.
    I decided to get off my butt and start moving and within a week it came back....not a lot but enough to annoy. I asked the doc and she asked what I was doing differently. I told her I started working out. She said that has everything to do with it. Supposedly it will right itself again once your body gets used to it.
  • kimmiesvogan
    kimmiesvogan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Body weight has always been extremely low - been most of my problem for years. Started packing on calories and working out shortly before I got pregnant with my son (now 11yrs old). Now my current husband and I are trying but no luck for the last 1.5 years. Figured I'd start working out again and start eating more.

Any suggestions for kinds of foods or supplements that can help regulate hormones and better prep a body for trying to conceive?