Best fitness DVD for men?

Options
Hi all,

I have been doing the 30 Day Shred (now on day 10!) and it has peaked my boyfriend's interest.
I have seen several people on the forums say that the 30 Day Shred is good for men as well, and I'm going to suggest he try it, but he is keen to work on his stomach (and also arms and legs), and build muscle (which is not really what the 30 Day Shred is about).

Can anyone recommend a good workout DVD for him? He doesn't have much time due to a long commute, so something like the 20 mins a day in the 30 Day Shred would be great :o) He wouldn't have time for something like P90X, and wouldn't want to spend too much.

Many thanks for your help!

P.S. Not sure how much affect the 30DS is having on me, but it makes me feel good and is a great work out. I recommend trying it if you haven't yet :o)

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    P90X is the best workout DVD. The lifting DVD's can be used in half hour intervals instead of the full hour. However the precursor DVD program to P90X is Power 90. That is cheaper, the workouts are shorter, and it has the same instructor to P90X.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    What about 10 Minute Trainer or Power90
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    funny I was going to post the same thing for my husband. He will NEVER consider watching Jillian Michaels--I think it's too focused on women for him, and she actually kind of scares him (hee hee). Anyway, yes, any more manly suggestions would be great, especially for stomach/abs.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    10 Minute Trainer is great. P90X is (in my opinion) the best workout DVD program around for men or women but if time is an issue 10 Minute Trainer is a fantastic option.
  • FlabtoFabChick
    Options
    ~ Power 90 is also a good one if he is short on time. The workouts range from 29- 42 minutes.

~ Also try the 10 minute Trainer by Tony Horton. Workouts done in as little as 10 minutes.
  • txsarge17
    txsarge17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've really liked Insanity. So much of it is based on the drills I did back in high school sports training. It has quite a bit of body weight strength built in, so I am seeing muscle gain, though not as much as I'd see with P90x. That's next!
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Power 90 (P90). My husband and I are doing it before we move on to P90x. We love it and it works! View my profile for stats! Good luck! :smile:
  • pchann
    pchann Posts: 84
    Options
    Motivation and exercise videos for men :)

http://www.bodyrock.tv/