CLA

Options
rhirvo
rhirvo Posts: 162 Member
Who takes it? When and how often? Does it work???

Replies

• SparkleLisa
    SparkleLisa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    what is CLA?
  • rhirvo
    rhirvo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Conjugated Lionleic Acid - A lot of the trainers I know take it so I am thinking about starting it up but wanted to get some advice. It is all natural and not a weight loss pill or anything.
  • ToniAnn411
    Options
    Sorry, don't know what it is.
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    I have begun taking 3.5 grams of CLA per day as a suggested minimum for effectiveness. I am monitoring for side-effects but so far none are noted. Do your own research, but here is one link to get you started. http://thyroid.about.com/cs/dietweightloss/a/cla.htm.

Since I started CLA at the same time as my reduced calorie/exercise program using this site as a motivational tool I won't be able to give a before and after CLA review.
  • SparkleLisa
    SparkleLisa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I remember this now! when I went to Hi-health the other day and saw the bottle, I remembered taking it. It did seem to help with weight loss, but I didn't do any "trials" on myself to see if it was the CLA actually help burn fat faster or just the fact I changed my eating habits. Give it a try and see how you do!
  • colletteoff
    Options
    I really like CLA. It doesn't contain a bunch of stimulants and it doesn't suppress your appetite but I do notice a difference in my waistline when taking it with a diet and exercise plan. I wouldn't say it melts away the pounds or offers crazy, dramatic results , but I dont have a muffin top anymore!
  • ndhr3d
    ndhr3d Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I take 4000 mg a day (GNC Total Lean)...

Not a bad read if you are really curious: http://ezinearticles.com/?Weight-Loss-and-Side-Effects-of-CLA&id=3603679
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels "Master Your Metabolism" She's clearly not an expert in the field of nutrition. She wrote it with another woman. Take what you will. Here's the quote:

"A small amount of trans fats are also found in meat, created in the bellies of cows, sheep, and ghosts, but don't worry about these trans fats -- they're mainly good guys. These "ruminant" trans fats are not nearly as dangerous as industrially produced trans fats, and may have some health benefits. Research suggests that one, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), may reduce the risk of breast, prostate, lung, and skin cancer, as well as reduce body fat and enhance muscle growth. (Important note: These benefits of CLAs have not been demonstrated in supplemental form. In fact, several studies have linked CLA supplements to increased risk of insulin resistance, so please don't supplement with CLAs.)

Hormone Homework: Always choose organic meats and dairy and look for grass-fed options -- cows that are allowed to graze exclusively on grass produce milk and meat with 500 percent more CLAs than those fed grain."
  • ndhr3d
    ndhr3d Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    "A small amount of trans fats are also found in meat, created in the bellies of cows, sheep, and ghosts, "

Where can I get a ghost to eat?? Does it taste like chicken?? :-)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    "A small amount of trans fats are also found in meat, created in the bellies of cows, sheep, and ghosts, "

Where can I get a ghost to eat?? Does it taste like chicken?? :-)
    HA! my typo... GOATS... I make the strangest keyboard typos sometimes, just from where my fingers are used to going. :laugh:
  • lalfaro01
    lalfaro01 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started using it in January and have had good results! The week that I worked out I lost 4 pounds and the week I didn't work out or eat great because I was at a work conference I still managed to lose 2 pounds so I'm sticking with it. Hopefully this second week of workouts and CLA delivers another 4 pound weightloss!