Trouble sleeping after starting my fitness program?

Options
Hi! I wasn't sure where to post this.

I have always been a VERY sound sleeper. Nothing could wake me and I would sleep for 6 hours at a time without waking up.
Since I have started working out and dieting 4 weeks ago, I haven't been able to sleep. I am up every few hours! I don't get it. I am getting up an hour and a half earlier than I used to and working out. You would think I'd be exhausted.
Has anyone else had this problem? Am I crazy???
I haven't lost one pound and I am tired all day. I think I might go back to my old lifestyle. At least I will sleep good!
Christina

Replies

• txsarge17
    txsarge17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When I made those changes in my life I didn't sleep well for about a week. Once my body got used to the changes I slept much better than before.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    When I made those changes in my life I didn't sleep well for about a week. Once my body got used to the changes I slept much better than before.
    Same. Mine lasted almost two weeks, but now I'm going to bed earlier and crashing!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yogi Bedtime tea in grocery stores would help.
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    I had the same issue when I first started. I'm sleeping muuuuuch better now!! LOL
  • giggles007
    giggles007 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OMG.....you are soooo not crazy because if you are then so am i......I was talking to my colleagues about this issue during lunch time.....Like you I have changed eating habits and started more exercise and suddenly my sleep is affected.

Never ever have i had an issue with sleep: I have 2 year old son and having a child has never affected my sleep pattern either. I seem to wake up middle of the night and Im wide awake as though Ive had my sleep for the night.....

Some nights I cant fall asleep so im counting sheeps....its odd...I'l watch this thread for anyone else who might have the same issue as us.....

PS im no longer losing weight and Im worried I may go back to odd eating habits.......
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    I was the same... I would stare at the ceiling wide awake for hours. 3 weeks later, I crash as soon as I hit the bed and usually sleep for a full 8 hours.