Trouble with Self Control

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am Lauren. I have the motivation to eat healthy and exercise but have issue with refraining from late night snacks. I also attend various seminars which have free coffee and cookies. Is there any advice anyone has to helping to overcome eating issues?

Things I've tried:
drinking a cup of hot tea
brushing my teeth
going to bed

I would love addition people to support me with my journey so feel free to add me.

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think it's more mental than anything. I have a lot of trouble with it also. I tell my self no over and over again. But if I REALLY want something, I just have it (hopefully just a small bite of it, but sometimes leads to binges). Just gotta accept the mistake if it happens and know that tomorrow is another day. I try to drink tons of water to feel full and prevent binges.
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I tend to stay up late after having dinner, i either eat carrots or chew sugar free gum! I'm surprised its working plus i always have my water bottle at arms reach
  • tcheryl
    tcheryl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i hate having food in front of me!!! it helps if i stay away from cookie tables. i do home daycare so have goodies for the kids that i sometimes have difficulty staying away from.
    i find if i don't buy my favorite food items i can resist them better!! otherwise i can tell myself no and other times have no will power--like the previous writer.
    maybe try taking one cookie or goodie and walking away--you have had the self control not to take more.
  • kfaehn
    kfaehn Posts: 1
    Options
    If you are going to be tempted by certain foods that you have in the house. Don't buy a full size of it buy a single portion so you are treating yourself, but you won't be able to eat of it than that. And if you have treats in the house that you want to keep but they tempt you, try portioning it out into snack size bags and then just eat the serving size. I know easier said than done. If you are going somewhere that you think you may be tempted by unhealthy food choices, than pack a healthier snack so you don't feel like you have to eat the unhealthy foods that are being provided.
  • carmenvo
    carmenvo Posts: 34
    Options
    I also brush my teeth, it helps. And eating carrots or gum.