A lifetime of being overweight

Options
jlisah
jlisah Posts: 31 Member
I've been using this site for about a week and I really like it. I would love to friend anyone with a similar situation as this: For some reason, I started off as a normal little kid but by the time I started Kindergarten, I really started to be a little chubette. I was always teased in school for being fat. When I was 12, I weighed 187 lbs. and the doctor wrote "obese" on my camp physical card and told me I needed another foot for that weight. The lowest I have ever been in my adult life is 164. At times I think "how many people can say that they weight the same at 50 that they did at 12?" but mostly I wonder about the health implications of being overweight my entire life, and it gets me down.

Replies

• jendre01
    jendre01 Posts: 2
    Options
    you are on track now and doing something about the weight today so look forward to the changes your body will be making and how great your life will be. good luck to you.
  • csmall614
    csmall614 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My story is similar. I too was a normal child, started gaining weight at age five. Always had to shop in the "chubette" section or wear clothes my mom made for me. Lowest adult weight was 164 highest 215, been on MFP for a little over a month now and hope to be at ten pounds lost at my next weigh in on Saturday. I am already experiencing health implications from being overweight all my life and I'm determined to turn it around and get healthy once and for all. I know this will be a long journey and I'm ready willing and able. (most of the time) Feel free to friend me.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and the very best of luck to you. I can't say I was in the same type of situation as you, but I would like to friend you anyway. I started getting heavy about 10 years ago, and decided to finally make a change. This is a great site, and the people here are very supportive. Good luck. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!
  • diva1121
    diva1121 Posts: 2
    Options
    YES! I totally know how you feel. I've been overweight my entire life as well...I can't even remember the last time I weighed less than 200 lbs! I love this site, too - I'm with you on making a lifestyle change and taking this weight off gradually and smartly. Stick with it - we can be the healthy weight (not skinny - I'm not that deluded) people we are destined to be!!!
  • truckerchic
    truckerchic Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight all my life, at 15 I weighed 140 got teased all the time for being fat although now I would consider that to be great lol I than had 3 kids by the time I was 21 leaving me at 250 I have gone as high as 285 and low as 200 but stay around 260 now..you will find alot of support and information here..guess the goal should be healthy and happy not just a number...good luck