Measurements

Options
Has anyone who is taking thier measurements found that they went up after a week? I measure weekly and from last week to this week some of my measurements went up, but I lost almost 2lbs. Is that normal?

Replies

• mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Has anyone who is taking thier measurements found that they went up after a week? I measure weekly and from last week to this week some of my measurements went up, but I lost almost 2lbs. Is that normal?
  • seababe
    Options
    I need help too, I lost 4 inches in my waist, 2 inches in hips, none in my neck, but
    I seem to be up and down in by scale in weight! I do hand weights two days week,
    treadmill the other 3 days and I always have calories left over not sure why my
    weight is up/down? I still happy that I lost inches and still trying I'am not giving up.

Hob:grumble:
  • seababe
    Options
    I need help too, I lost 4 inches in my waist, 2 inches in hips, none in my neck, but
    I seem to be up and down in by scale in weight! I do hand weights two days week,
    treadmill the other 3 days and I always have calories left over not sure why my
    weight is up/down? I still happy that I lost inches and still trying I'am not giving up.

Hob:grumble:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

Maybe you were measuring in a slightly different spot? It's actually a good idea to measure less frequently, say every 3 or 4 weeks, because you'll see more definitive changes. You really aren't going to see much of a change in measurements in just a week. :flowerforyou:
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Gas? :blushing:

No, really kerri's probably right. Even a small difference in where you measure can be significant. I try to use "landmarks". Special freckles or scars that I line my tape up with...but if you are blemish free maybe you can use your belly button as a landmark and pick specific distances up and down for your chest and your hips. Plus be really careful about "sucking in". If you suck in one week and relax the next you could "gain" an inch or more on your stomach.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well if you had .....uh hum....'went to the bathroom' prior to measuring last week it can make a big difference, in the middle area.

It made as much as 3/4 of an inch on me. I tested this so know it to be true.

I agree measuring should be 1 x a month. Weighing weekly only same time each week.

I was told to measure at the smallest part of your stomach-or at the bend if you are straight.
    then at the bellly button
    then at the hips at their widest.
    the dr showed me to make sure the tape is even across you back.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I am trying not to get discouraged, because I am down 2 lbs, but sometimes I really let the numbers mess with my head. I will keep weighing in on Sundays and then just take my measurements once a month from now on. :smile: