Cellulite

Options
How do I get rid of it? I've heard cardio is the key, so long distance or agility and sprints?

Replies

• sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    build muscles, it will certainly burn it out.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Building muscle and toning. It will never completely go away but you can tone it down.
  • rngreen
    rngreen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you cannot get rid of cellulite. Unfortunately it is caused by stretching of the connective tissue by excess fat stores. Think of it as an elastic waist band that has been stretched to its limit for an extended period of time. It will not go back to how it previously was. However, you can reduce its appearance by getting rid of the underlying fat that is pushing against that connective tissue. It is simply a means of calories out > calories in. Which I think is what most people on this site are striving to achieve.
  • EgregCane
    Options
    Hi there,

I have gotten rid of cellulite - twice. :wink: How's that?
    First time when I got pregnant - my fat cells started storing more fat and got nice and round and stretched to the max. My body was preparing to neuter the baby so no surprises here. The body of a woman has different metabolism that has been shaped throughout evolution - ever since we used to inhabit the caves and we were not sure when the food will arrive ... or if it will arrive at all. You understand it is difficult to defy a few thousands of years natural evolution. Technology and industrial (r)evolution have helped us to reach faster from point A to point B (car, bus, metro etc) but they have not accounted for the calories NOT burnt while doing so.
    Second time was postnatal. It took much more than a year because I was doing it the difficult way - exercise and nutrition... plus cellulite creams (tried few - one only worked), massage (found a masseur that is NOT a beautician but athletes') lots of water (and running to the ladies on regular intervals). The results are great - I walk straight, I am able to lift my 18 months son without extraordinary effort, my upper stomach is flat-flat-flat and I am aiming a fourpack - this is difficult to achieve for women.
    If you decide, I mean really commit to getting rid of cellulite, you will need to make a detailed plan and (literally) envision what you want to look like in four weeks, two months etc. I used every possible means of warfare out there. Of course, it helps that I have an MSc in chemistry so I can sort through the junk (pseudo)medical info, cosmetics, commercials for wrapping and all that staff.
    I noticed someone said about building muscle. The muscle part is good. I mean a toned body is much better than flip-flopping butt, overflowing waistline and flapping arm-wings. Everybody wants it - sure. The only catch is that muscle is protein (bear with the chemistry here) and if you stop exercising protein turns into fat. Also, if you try to lose weight - muscle is denser than fat , aka weights more. So, you need to think what your goals are - thinner or muscley. Find your balance.
    If you want to know more I would recommend you going to beautyexplained.com This is my webpage that I am going to mention only this once since I am not sure how the people running this webpage will take it. I did some hard battling on cellulite and this is something that really interests me because, I found out that there is a lot of misconception (popular and not so much) about it. Amazing, considering that so many women are really bothered by it.
    Hope it helps