Favorite Take Out Salad

Options
I'm going to have to grab dinner on the go tonight and I need suggestions. What is your favorite take out salad?

Replies

• squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    wendy's asian chicken salad or the bacon cobb minus the bacon and blue cheese with fat free ranch. or red robin's asian chicken salad without the slaw and no bread.
  • aml17
    aml17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love red robin's new simply grilled chicken salad without the croutons or bread.
  • megteg
    megteg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Panera is a great spot for take-out salad. Their greek salad is pretty good, and they have a new Thai Chicken Chopped salad that's only 390 cals WITH dressing, and super filling...
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    McDonalds Grill Southwest chicken salad with vinagerette dressing
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Firehouse Subs Chief's Salad with Sliced Chicken, Turkey Breast or Ham, with Fat Free Ranch.
  • nsothard
    nsothard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Panera is a great spot for take-out salad. Their greek salad is pretty good, and they have a new Thai Chicken Chopped salad that's only 390 cals WITH dressing, and super filling...

I love that salad and it's huge. I have a hard time believing it's only 390 calories, but that's what they say!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like salads from Subway because they are easy to customize. I like lots of different veggies on my salad. I usually get grilled chicken on it for protein and always use low calorie dressings.
  • losebyaug
    Options

Wow. That Tahi Chicken salad sounds GOOD!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    If i go out, I usually won't get a salad. I enjoy myself.

But wendys has a few good salads. Not sure of nutritional info tho.
    A lot of restaurants "salads" end up packing in the cals, so I usually opt for something else.
  • sek92
    sek92 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    chik fila chicken and fruit salad is good
  • paloma1182
    paloma1182 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    CHIPOLTE!!!! :) but i think its a lot of calories depending on how you eat it... but its soooo good,
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Rubio's Chicken Balsamic & Roasted Veggie Salad - 310 cals / 29g C / 20g P / 11g F with dressing included but 950mg sodium.

The one thing I try to be really careful with regarding most restaurant salads is the sodium level...and it's quite hard to figure out when they exclude the dressing from the nutritional info
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Check out the awesome nutritional calculator tool for Freshii salads. It's soooooooooo cool! You click all your ingredients and even specify light on dressing, regular or heavy and it totals it all up for you. You can even order online and pick it up.

http://www.freshii.com/usmenu-lunch.php
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    Check out the awesome nutritional calculator tool for Freshii salads. It's soooooooooo cool! You click all your ingredients and even specify light on dressing, regular or heavy and it totals it all up for you. You can even order online and pick it up.

No Freshii salads in Cincinnati. We are a few years behind here
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    Rubio's Chicken Balsamic & Roasted Veggie Salad - 310 cals / 29g C / 20g P / 11g F with dressing included but 950mg sodium.

The one thing I try to be really careful with regarding most restaurant salads is the sodium level...and it's quite hard to figure out when they exclude the dressing from the nutritional info

No Rubios in Cinti either
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

No Freshii salads in Cincinnati. We are a few years behind here

That's not a problem, I mentioned how the TOOL was most useful not that you must, must buy there. Use all their ingredients then add it to MFP as "your salad" it will save you time from adding 10+ different ingredients. Or don't and add ingredients individually on MFP and save it as a meal, you asked for suggestions.
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

yes, panera's thai chopped chicken salad is delicious!!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Surprisingly Arby's has a good Roasted Farmhouse chicken salad and Chickfila's chargrilled and fruit salad!

Hmm I am thinking Panera's salad for lunch now!!
  • sherryv02
    sherryv02 Posts: 26
    Options
    McDonalds Grill Southwest chicken salad with vinagerette dressing

SAME HERE!
  • Foxworth81
    Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I second the Thai Chicken Chopped Salad. It's a bit spicy but has some really unique ingredients like grilled edamame. I also like the Chargrilled Chicken Salad at Chick-fil-a. They have a fat free honey mustard that's really yummy too. I usually eat half ot the salad and save the other half for another meal. Also, take note that the dressing packet is 2 servings so I only use half at a time.