It's been 1 month since I started & things are going great!

Options
Pangea250
Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
1 month since I made the decision to be better to myself. Lots of little victories, and a few big ones. I've lost 14 lbs, much of that in the first week, but have been losing at 2-ish lbs per week steadily and that is just phenomenal for me.

I posted in my status last night...

I laid down (read: collapsed) on the treadmill after I finished my workout & I just cried & cried. I am doing this, I really am. I am finding strength in me that I didn't know was there. I'm finding resolve & commitment & seriousness & oh-my-God physical stamina that's increasing because, today, this day, I woke up & chose to be worth the effort.

My plan for tomorrow, btw, is to wake up & do it all over again. ODAAT. :-)

Replies

• jadebugs
    jadebugs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes you ARE doing it! we are glade to have you here, keep motivating us :)
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you!!! How inspirational to read what you wrote. I have also done the crying on the my treadmill thing. You rock it!!
  • krishildy
    krishildy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I love how you say that you're worth it! You are!!! WAY TO GO!!!
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Love it! It reminds me of something that I heard yesterday that I was inspired by: "Face your stuff, don't stuff your face". So true. Often we eat for other reasons and not necessarily for hunger. Love that you are digging deep to find your inner strength.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Susan, you're doing it alright! Congratulations! How did you lose 14lbs the first week though?! amazing! Keep up the great work. You're an inspiration.

sue
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Susan, you're doing it alright! Congratulations! How did you lose 14lbs the first week though?! amazing! Keep up the great work. You're an inspiration.

sue
    No, not in the first week, lol. I've lost 14 lbs in the past 30 days, but the first week was the fastest. I lost 7 the first week.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I am finding losing weight the hardest thing I have ever done, even more so than my unassisted, unmedicated birth LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!