Amazing changes and victories!

Options
nikibob
nikibob Posts: 165 Member
I haven't finished my journey with weight loss yet, but I wanted to share some exciting things that have been happening to my body since I started this journey back in September.

-I actually have energy now! I put off starting an exercise plan for soo long because I always felt run-down and didn't think that I needed exercise, I thought I needed more rest. Now that I'm regularly exercising most days of the week I have so much more energy than I ever thought possible! No more dragging to get through the day or chugging caffiene to keep my eyes open!

-I can fall asleep faster and stay asleep! I always had such a hard time falling asleep at night and once I did I spent the whole night tossing and turning. Now, 5 minutes flat after my head hits the pillow and I'm out until my alarm goes off in the morning. I won't go so far as to say that I wake up ready to jump up out of bed, but my sleep is much more restful now that I'm eating foods that are better for me.

-My confidence levels are through the roof! I feel so amazing about myself now, and only a small part of that has to do with how I look. I am so much more excited about my newfound will power and my ability to see this life change through! I was always the one who could never say no to sweets or fried foods and now at family gatherings I'm the one everyone is wondering how I was able to only get a reasonable portion of desert.

-I am not hungry all the time any more! Before changing my eating habits all I ate was junk that would fill me up right then but leave me craving more an hour later. When I first started counting calories and practicing portion control I really thought there was no way I could be more satisfied with half of what I was used to eating. But once you start eating more nutritionally sound foods it is absolutely possible!

-Not only can I fit into my wedding dress, it's a little roomy! I was the lowest weight that I had been since high school when I got married in Oct 2008. I had to lose weight pretty quickly to fit into a too-small dress so I admit I wasn't healthy about it and used fad diets and diet pills to lose some extra weight. I still have yet to get back down to the number that I was then, but because I'm losing weight the healthy way with good nutrition and exercise, my body is slimmer than I was then without my weight being as low. I love my new muscles and can't wait to reach my goal so that I can really appreciate the muscle tone!

I hope this helps all you out there who are debating starting a program like this one! I tell everyone who asks--I'm not on a diet, I'm on a lifestyle change!

Replies

• knockemout
    Options
    Congrats, that's fantastic! It's great to hear success stories that go far beyond just weight loss alone!
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Exactly, there are so many more benefits to healthy eating than just weight loss, and you look great by the way! :smile:
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • brendadalton
    Options
    You've always been beautiful, but now you look amazing! I'm very jealous of your will power, but you're right, the healthier you eat more you'll have. I LOVE the confidence you have :) I'm so very proud of you. I don't know where another 13 pounds will come from...lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!