Giant Muffins only 270 cals! - DOWNTOWN TORONTO

Options
If you work/live in the downtown core (specifically the Financial District) I’ve discovered Marcello’s in The Path.

I love muffins and vita-tops are just too small to be satisfying and McDonald’s great price ($1.25) is enticing but 450 cals for their double chocolate muffin is just unacceptable.

All of the nutritional content for Marcello’s muffins is posted on their website (and I’ve slowly been adding them to the MFP database as I try them) and the best part? They are also $1.25 after tax, Marcello’s muffins are bigger and they have ½ the calories of McDonalds, ½ the carbs and a 1/3rd of the sugar, wow!

To compare:

Marcello’s Double Chocolate Muffin: 270 cals, 12g fat, 270mg sodium, 36g carbs, 2g fiber, 16g sugar, 5g protein.

McDonalds Double Chocolate Muffin: 450 calories, 15 g fat, 490mg sodium, 73g carbs, 3g fiber, 43g sugar, 6g protein.

http://www.marcellos.ca/our_menu.asp?sectionID=3

The same results are found in the blueberry muffins if you want to compare and almost all of their muffins are 240-270 cals. Even McDonald’s “low-fat” Cranberry Orange Muffin is still 360 calories and 8g fat, ew!

Enjoy!

Replies

• michelle_d06
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!! I work in Scotia Plaza, so I know Marcellos well! :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!! I work in Scotia Plaza, so I know Marcellos well! :)

Excellent! I was crossing my fingers hoping someone else on MFP worked in this area to experience such a yummy food-find.

Keep your eye out on http://pathdeals.com/ as well. It's another discount certificate site like groupon, dealfind, teambuy, wagjag, living social etc specifically for retailers in The Path. There have been $15 certificates for Marcello's for $10 on there in the past. I just found that website recently so I missed it but it's been a frequent offer, I'm hoping it will appear again.
  • michelle_d06
    Options
    Cool! Thanks again!