Sick!

Options
elle18287
elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
Do you all eat more when you are sick? Obviously not if you are sick to your stomach, but this morning I woke up with horrible aches and a bad head ache, runny nose, sore throat etc. I feel like going home and having 10 bowls of soup with saltines! Does this mean my body is run down and I need to eat? Should I just sleep. And yes, I am getting plenty of water and slept 8.5 hours last night!

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Your body burns a lot of calories fighting off sickness. I lost 8 lbs in one week while crazy sick and I was eating/drinking totally normally.

I say have the soup and take care o' you.

Feel better! :heart:
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Well yay for weight loss, but I do not want to be sick a whole week! Ugh!
    I am having trouble eating my berries/grapes at work!
    I need Cambells! Or my madre.
  • nrm149
    nrm149 Posts: 16
    Options
    I gotta agree with Mckay here...gotta provide your body with the nutrients its telling you it needs to help you get better. Now if you body was saying steak and cheeseburger you might have a problem lol....
  • srtiemann
    srtiemann Posts: 76
    Options
    I try to keep a can or two of soup in my desk for those types of days. It also helps when I forget to pack my lunch. I always have a back up where I don't have to run to the drive thru.

Hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of fluids and try to rest as much as possible. Eat some soup and make sure you are taking care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon! I had a cold last week also (no fun!)
  • achojnacki
    achojnacki Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Let yourself eat low sodium soup and buy a small box of whole grain saltines.

Earlier this week I had a stomach virus and drinking unflavored pedialyte really helped me feel normal.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I would say your body is looking for more nutrients to help it recover. If you can stomach it, and don't feel really really sick, try taking a milti-vitamin, or at least some vitamin C, or a zinc lozenge (BUT ONLY TAKE WITH FOOD!!).
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Aww being sick SUCKS!!! But yeah I would have to agree that is you are feeling that run down take extra care. Hope you feel better soon.