Some advice please

Options
Ok, I have been trying to eat the amount of calories that I am suppose to eat, I also am doing High impact aerobics as well. But I can't eat all the calories that I am suppose to be eating. I know how important it is, but after all my meals, snacks and even drinks for the day, I am still 700 calories below what I should be for today. If anyone can please help me and tell me if this is normal. I really could use some advice.

Replies

• bittersweet22
    bittersweet22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have been trying to eat the amount of calories that I am suppose to eat, I also am doing High impact aerobics as well. But I can't eat all the calories that I am suppose to be eating. I know how important it is, but after all my meals, snacks and even drinks for the day, I am still 700 calories below what I should be for today. If anyone can please help me and tell me if this is normal. I really could use some advice.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I wish I had a problem with how many cal. I need to eat. I have about 500 to go and I haven't ate dinner yet. lol

That is a good question, maybe you can make an adjustment to your profile? Perhaps your cal. intake count is more than you need? I'm not sure. Just a suggestion. If anyone does have an idea, I'd like to know and I'm sure there are others here that like to know too.

Thanks!
  • bittersweet22
    Options
    well I checked all of my info, and it is all acurate. I am just so lost!!!
  • maryschmidt
    Options
    I have the same problem.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Do not worry so much about it unless you are eating empty calories. IE Diet Sodas and things like that. that have no nutritional value at all.
    IF you are however, eating a lot more Fruit and Veggies that are low in calories, then YES you could easy be 500 to 800 below what you have allotted for intake.
    Try as hard as you can to get less then the 700 calories down however. Hey two more apples! A banana, a yogurt, a slice of whole wheat toast with Peanut butter on it, something like that.:smile:
    But as for me, unless you are way under like only at 700 to 1000 calories intake for the full day. :noway: (HUGE NO NO!)
    You SHOULD be OK.
    BUT TRY TO GET AS MANY IN AS YOU CAN! :bigsmile:
    Fasting is NOT the way to go, you still need to eat, or your body will start hanging on to fat, and then you will not be able to lose as much and when you start eating normally again, you are going to gain weight faster then you lost it. :noway: And we do not want THAT to happen!
    --Diann...
  • bittersweet22
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    THANKS so much for this post.. i have EXACTLY the same problem!!! i try to up the calorie intake but physically cant.. and wen i excersize my net calorie thing is virtually at like 100 cals.. i am worried.. is this really bad?
  • rhondababy
    Options
    wow- that's way to low for your net calories and you may be sending your body in to "famine" mode in which case it will b very reluctant to let go of any fat at all. Try finding some smoothie recipes that you like- you can even put a tablespoon of flax oil in them which is VERY good for you, and adds alot of calories, and gives the smoothie a nutty taste. Also, almond are a calorie dense, very healthy food- good for snacking.

Wish I was in your boat!:wink: