low-fat, low-carb dinner idea?

Options
ArchyJill
ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
Hey all - need some ideas for dinner tonight. We'll be watching the Red Sox game so finger food is what I had in mind but I need to keep it low fat and low carb (ideally less than 6 grams fat and 30 grams carb per serving)......any suggestions?

Replies

• jvbrooks
    jvbrooks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Finger food on low-carb is always tough, but low-fat makes it harder.

Pork rinds are on the high-fat side, but have no carbs.

Maybe try a cheese/meat platter? Chicken wings sans-batter or bread aren't too terrible.
  • ArchyJill
    Options
    Chicken wings sans-batter or bread aren't too terrible.

Hmm....maybe seasoned chicken breast strips....will hunt for a recipe along those lines.

Thx!
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Home made hot wings and baked onion rings. Just slice of chicken cover with franks hot sauce, garlic, and paprika. Bake until done. Cut up onion and lightly sprinkle a mixture of wheat flour, paprika, and garlic and bake in oven. My husband loves it and d it is pretty healthy.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Some spicy prawns,mushroom and courgette kebabs? Crabsticks? Toasted soya beans? Tuna mayo dip with vegetable crudites?
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    how about cooked chicken cut up into smaller pcs & dip into red hot sauce, bbq or whatever fav is??
    (this is our version of chicken lips or wings...much healthier) along with celery sticks & carrotts.
    you could always make some sweet pot fries to go along with this....yum ;)
    chips & salsa aren't bad either if you have munchies

Have fun....... =)

Go RED SOX!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • ninjacakegirl
    ninjacakegirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite: Lean boneless, skinless chicken breast (slice it up), then top with 1 serving of diced tomatoes and 1 serving of shredded cheese (I use Meijer brand). Then veggies like green beans and/or cauliflower on the side. :)
  • ArchyJill
    Options
    These are great ideas! So glad I asked :bigsmile: