WV Mom looking for some friends to keep me motivated

Options
Ldysw357
Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
Hello all! I am a 41 year old working mother of 2 in Charleston, WV. I'm new to this and really need to lose some weight and would love to find some friends to help keep me on track!

Replies

• luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I am new to this site too! I have lost 6 pounds and three inches in my waist since I started a couple of weeks ago. I am really motivated to lose 20 pounds and I would love to help you do the same. Please feel free to add me as a buddy :happy:
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!! You can friend me for support!! This is an awesome site!! :happy:
  • MommaGainer3
    Options
    HI WV MOM!!! I am originally from WV too! My Husband and I grew up in the Eastern Panhandle.

Feel free to add me to your buddy list!

Would love to help provide some motivation to you :)

Christi
  • Lisabackontrack
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. This website is awesome! Very supportive people.
  • Clovergirl17
    Options
    I started here 2 1/2 weeks ago, logging in everyday (and more importantly logging EVERYTHING that I eat, even if I cheated). In the first week I lost 8 pounds (and I should mention that I don't go overboard with exercise, I went for 3, 20 minute walks, and did ONE 50 minute workout DVD that week). The second week I went for 4, 25 minute walks, and I didn't lose any weight, just stayed the same. HOWEVER, we (my Mom is doing this journey with me :) did our two-week measurements last saturday and I had lost 2.5 inches in my waist and another 2 inches in my hips!!! This week I've been slacking a bit on the exercise and haven't really done any except for some heavier cleaning around the house, but I've been under my calories every day. Hopefully I'll see a few more pounds come off come weigh-in :). Anyway, the point is that it IS do-able, just listen to your body and don't overdo it! Better to take it slow and move up than to go too fast and burn yourself out. If you'd like a positive friend to help you stay motivated, please feel free to add me! Best of luck on your weight loss journey! :)
  • boycebk
    boycebk Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started yesterday and also need some friends to stay motivated.
    It is really hard to get started, but even harder to keep on track.
    I would love to have some people to share with along the journey!
    BB
  • Teamfiregrace
    Options
    I am in WV, too! I am married and the mother of one Marine, two teenagers, and one preschooler! Feel free to add me everyone! I love MFP and find it so helpful.
  • Leahcutie
    Leahcutie Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi there - I am new to this site as well. This is day 11 or 12 for me. I have lost 3 pounds so far. I am married and the mother of three teenage boys - one who is about to become a Marine!