What healthy change did you make today?

Options
I just wanted to share that I was so happy and proud today when I picked up plain goat yogurt (3 g of sugar), instead of my regular fruit flavoured one (17 g of sugar), and I bought some reduced price organic apples today!!

I wanted to see what changes YOU have made recently, or which changes you plan on making this week.

I challenge everyone to make one positive, food-related change this week, to improve your quality of life, and your family's quality of life.

So what change will you make?

Replies

• b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    i started a 21 day vegan fast
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Got a little hungry after my morning snack. Still with 1.5 hrs till lunch, I waited a bit longer to see if I was really hungry or just bored. Instead of digging into my drawer of luna bars, I settled with a handful of baby carrots, knowing lunch was in about an hour!
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I got up before work and worked out
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Forcing myself to get my water in :smile:
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    I have decided to cut out lunch meat (the only processed food I have left to cut out) and also stop eating complex carbs such as bread, flour, starchy veggies. I'm going to be eating nuts, fruits, veggies and chicken or fish. It's not easy but I've done it before and felt great! Wish me luck!
  • stephstrege
    stephstrege Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just this week:

*Start C25K on Saturday
    *Major carb reduction for dinners
    *Increase protein levels
    *ALWAYS eat after work outs (got a major scolding from my coach on not doing this, oops!)

In the last (almost 50 days) I have cut all refinded sugars and white flours, sugar, rice etc. from our house all together. Started family work out time a few times a week (not always the easiest with a 1 and 3 yr. old, but they love to dance and do yoga). Portion sizes have been cut back.

The list goes on, but that's just off the top of my head :)
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to get in enough water.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    wow Steph you an everyone else are boing so good. I'v ebeen at work since 4am and i've had a donut and cheese puffs in addtion to my good for me food today.

I plan to have stirfry for dinner tonight to make up for my earlier choices and to go stright to the gym after work.

But recently hubby and I began making out own slasa to cut sodium and we use greek yogurt insted of sour cream now. My 3 favorite snacks are fruit natural almonds and fiber now bars. And hubby and i split cream eggs insted of eating a whole one...most of the time.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    ı said no to free chocolate birthday cake at school (one of the kids birthday parties). On the other hand ı ate 2 of the cookies that were out in the morning... from tomorrow ı will cut those stupid snacks out... for good!!!
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I went to Ikea today and didn't have my usual snack of Hot-dog, fries and a drink while I was waiting. I felt so proud of myself although my teenage son wasn't quite as impressed at foregoing his fave snack!!!
  • paronomasha
    Options
    Great job everyone! And a good thread; it's so much easier to focus on the slip ups than the positive changes. Sometimes they just seem so small, even though they are important!

Today, knowing I was eating dinner with my parents and that it would be high-calorie, refined carb pasta with store-bought sauce, I planned my day accordingly. I reduced my carb intake for breakfast and lunch and increased protein and dairy products (which make me feel full). Consequently, at dinner I was satisfied with a smaller portion of noodles than I would have been in the past and stayed within my daily calorie goal!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Excellent changes you guys!! A big water chug goes out to all of you! :drinker:
    Great job everyone! And a good thread; it's so much easier to focus on the slip ups than the positive changes. Sometimes they just seem so small, even though they are important!
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I ate oatmeal for breakfast instead of turkey sausage & lite waffles :)