whats good exercises for the stomach area?

Options
I have lost almost 30 lbs. and now I would like to tone up my stomach area.
Do you know of any good workouts or exercises for that
I want to tighten it up!!!!!!!

Suggestions welcome.

I am currently doing the 30 day shred...

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Only way to reduce fat in the tummy is clean diet. You cannot spot reduce. You can do all the crunches you want and never see abs

abs are made in the kitchen! :]
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    Only way to reduce fat in the tummy is clean diet. You cannot spot reduce. You can do all the crunches you want and never see abs

whats a good diet to reduce belly fat?
  • sharaleeb
    sharaleeb Posts: 32
    Options
    Jillian's 6 Week Six Pack is on sale here... http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175296
    I'm not sure how it is but think I might be trying it soon :smile:
    Good Luck!!
  • jamezyjamez
    Options
    Naomi's right - diet will make or break you if you want to see some definition in the midsection. From an exercise standpoint, there are plenty of exercises you can find via a web search that will help to workout the various parts of your abs/core.
  • Naomi91
    Options

A clean one :] the only way to reduce belly fat and make abs visible is to reduce overall body fat %

The is no "ab" diet specifically haha :]
  • glcarr65
    glcarr65 Posts: 74
    Options

I would like to know that answer also.....I have been doing 30 day shred and seeing some results but still having a terrible time in this area.....
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Naomi's right - diet will make or break you if you want to see some definition in the midsection. From an exercise standpoint, there are plenty of exercises you can find via a web search that will help to workout the various parts of your abs/core.

So, what is this 'magical' diet for making abs in the kitchen? My hubby and I are both struggling with midsection fat.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper from the Biggest Loser says Mountain Climbers are good for that
  • Naomi91
    Options

So, what is this 'magical' diet for making abs in the kitchen? My hubby and I are both struggling with midsection fat.

Magical diet? Is just a healthy one. Eating clean and healthy is the best thing you can do. Over time your body fat will go down every where, including the tummy.
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    i have my top two abs showing but this flabby bit below that just wont shift so imkeen to know a good diet that wud help
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is right- made in the kitchen .. but strengthening your core is good for you anyway. I'd look up some exercises on Youtube because it's hard to explain exercises, easier to show them.

BTW my belly has always been my problem area, sometimes you have to just deal with it. I can get it down, but the rest of my body will look emaciated and my belly still looks more padded. My whole family are apple-shaped and even though I'm the most in-shape of most of them .. I have resigned myself to never ever having a six pack.
  • Naomi91
    Options
    If you already have a 2 pack I would suggest this: http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/carbcycling.htm

If you already do not have a low body fat % keep eating clean, cardio, and weight training. The tummy comes off eventually :]

ab work outs do strengthen the core and build muscle, but they do not get rid of the fat over the muscles.