How Often Do I Weigh In?

Options
Hi all,

I was just wondering how often everybody updates their weight and measurements. I've been doing it every couple of days, but I've heard that you should do it every couple of weeks.

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every time I go to the gym (I can't help it). I only measure every couple weeks though =)
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and take measurements every 2-3 weeks
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    i measured once when i started but didnt measure again for 3 1/2 months...only lost an inch or 2...but lost 23lbs...i weigh in once a week..but if there no change i dont log it
  • lawilgus
    lawilgus Posts: 21
    Options
    I weigh any morning that I go #2 as soon as I wake up. I have made that part of my "weighing ritual" so I feel like I should do it everytime the ritual seems to be set in motion. (Maybe TMI)

I haven't been measuring yet. Maybe I should start?
  • Burbritt
    Burbritt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weight myself everyday.

Your weight fluctuates daily based a number of things (water, last meal, etc.), but I like to see how my body reacts to certain things. I graph my weight-ins and although there are spikes the trend line is heading south 

If you are a person that is bothered by daily fluctuations (as much as 3lbs for me) I’d recommend once a week.
  • dwellsouth
    dwellsouth Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I just started using MFP, so we'll see how that goes. Good luck!
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    I weigh and measure every week at exactly the same time. At present it is 6am monday morning before running or breakfast but after the 1st wee (every little helps!) I will be changing to friday morning I think though as I seem to weigh less then after burning upto 3000 calories in the gym during the week. Good luck with whatever works for you. (Oh yeah and I dont go anywhere near a tape measure or scales at TOM as i explode!!) :blushing:
  • mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    I weigh in Friday morning-BEFORE the big weekend!
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing Monday morning as my "official" weigh in, but sometimes I like to see how I'm doing throughout the week. But I know that my weight fluctuates so I don't really "count" those. Just the Monday morning weigh-in.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I was just wondering how often everybody updates their weight and measurements. I've been doing it every couple of days, but I've heard that you should do it every couple of weeks.

Don't weigh yourself every day. Just don't. I usually don't believe in any black and white rules, but this is one. It's silly, it's inaccurate as a measure of overall long-term progress, and it usually makes people unhappy and obsessed. Once a week is PLENTY. :flowerforyou: