Dissappointing others while focusing on me...

Options
Going to a party, I realized how hard it is to not feel "guilty" for making good choices for myself. My friend looks so disappointed that I won't have a Cosmo with her. So I give in, but then I have to go hungry since I've used up 312 calories on something frivolous like a drink...

I only get 1280 calories if I want to stay on track. That doesn't give me much wiggle room for things like alcohol or a 90 calorie mini quiche, or a 100 cal bacon wrapped shrimp. Very hard to just "take a little taste" of what someone brought... when one bite can cost me so many cals... or "Just have one drink" that soaks up 25% of my daily calorie intake allowance.

Anybody else have the same issues? Easter will be difficult... just try a bite of the cheesy potatoes I brought... gotta just taste my hollandaise sauce... just one bite... just one sip....

Replies

• fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Try exercising to add some extra calories. Try to plan in advance if you can by eating lighter through out the day. Fill up on veggies all day....to keep yourself from being hungry and they ar very low cal.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have a healthy fillng snack before I meet them for dinner. Tuna, salad, almonds...something that is going to keep me full. I have switched from fruity drinks to Micelob Ultra Light (1 or 2) or a diet coke and crown. I have also started drinking 1 glass of water for every alcoholic drink I drink. If they are REALLY your friends they'll be there to suport you not sabatoge you.

But I have to give it to my husband who came up with the BEST plan!! he excused himself and went to the bathroom and came back with drinks for everyone. Mine was clear with cherries & an orange slice= but it was actually WATER!!!

I ♥'d that we had a "little" secret all night....
  • MaribelDM
    MaribelDM Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi there....i hear ya! don't feel bad. i had 6 chicken nuggets last night with my kids and did i feel guilty! I stress eat! Not good ~:-(

But today is a new day!!!!

good luck! ~:-)

Maribel
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    "Once your mind believes it's possible, the hurdles are effortless."

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!!!!
  • kely8888
    kely8888 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I do drink alcohol, I usually go with something lite. I agree though, I can't see expending so many calories on something empty like liquor. Easter Sunday will be interesting, but, I intend to try to continue as I have for the past 6 weeks and steer clear of the fat laden food my family will have. Although, my sister in law has asked me what I can have so she can be sure it'll be an enjoyable holiday dinner for everyone.
  • DTatum
    DTatum Posts: 15
    Options
    A drink here and there will not hurt as long as you are doing some workouts throughout the day. The average person should be eating 1200-1300 calories per day and if you exercise regulrly, then you will need a little more. There are days that I may go to dinner with my husband and I eat my meal then come home and say Ah, I should not have eaten so much. But the next day, I workout a little more or eat a little less to average it out. I have a product that will make it easier on you. If you would like more info, friend me and I can message you details.
  • MsRose2012
    Options
    Don't feel bad assure everyone and their mother that you love them love being with them love spending time with them regardless whether or not you eat the bites and leave it at that. No guilt you don't need to ad that weight on yourself. Stay strong!