Gonna Try Spinning

Options
I have heard that a good Spin Class can burn up to 800+ calories in one session. :noway:

I am down for that...

I am burned out on the StairClimber and the Elipitical Machine. I dont want to start weight training until I get down to a desired weight.

And so I am off.
but open to any and all tips:bigsmile:

Replies

• SkyDuchess
    SkyDuchess Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have heard that a good Spin Class can burn up to 800+ calories in one session. :noway:

I am down for that...

I am burned out on the StairClimber and the Elipitical Machine. I dont want to start weight training until I get down to a desired weight.

And so I am off.
    but open to any and all tips:bigsmile:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Wow. Good luck. Let us know how it goes. I've always wanted to try spinning, but wasn't sure I could do it. :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Warning: it is the crack of exercise. (in a good way :wink: )

I think that calorie estimate may be high, though. The calculation I've heard is close to 600 calories an hour. (Still very, very good!)

It's very strenuous, but you're in control of how hard it is to pedal, so it's pretty easy to tailor to your current level of fitness. Bring a giant water bottle and a towel, and good luck!

:flowerforyou:
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love my spin class and the instructor encourages us to keep our own pace. From my experience, the morning classes are full of the bike pros with all the special gear and the evening class is more a social good time while burning some serious calories. That is just my gym. I recommend a good pair of padded bike shorts. After a couple classes my butt hurt to sit, the shorts did wonders.
  • MECHE
    MECHE Posts: 25
    Options
    i did spinning , you do really burn a lot of cal, but my sacral bone was hurting for one wk after it:ohwell: so the downside with me was that after burned all that cal i wasnt able to exercise the rest of the wk for the pain. ... just be careful! Good luck!
  • SkyDuchess
    SkyDuchess Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow...

Spinning. I did have a good time and the music does keep me interested.

I did not quite see the same hills that the instructor saw. Now. One of you guys said that it was the crack of exercise.

I am hoping that you meant that it was my Crack that would really feel the Exercise. Sacral Bone that is.

Yes, I will be investing in padded shorts and the shoes at a later time.

At any rate.... I Love it. I do think that I have found my outlet. I-Pod Heaven. I will create my own vision of that HILL.

:drinker: - energy drink that is...
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    Now. One of you guys said that it was the crack of exercise.

I am hoping that you meant that it was my Crack that would really feel the Exercise. Sacral Bone that is.
    You're too funny!:laugh: I guess I'm gonna have to check a spinning class out, they do offer it for free at my gym but it looked scary.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Current gym does not offer classes but at the end of the month I am moving my membership to one that does and I can't wait to do a spin class. I have heard such good things about them.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    when i was younger, I would hear my sisters friends talk about spin classes and I tried to convince them that I could join because I would be able to keep up. Just to show them I spun around in circles till I was dizzy and feel over. I guess I couldn't keep up after all. :laugh: