Where to measure..

Options
So after two weeks of weight loss, I have decided to start measuring.

So two questions.
1) "waist" - So this makes me want to measure the smallest part of my stomach. However, I kind of doubt that is where I will see the most dramatic decrease is size (includes my love handles too, oh dear). Where do you measure?

2) What all do you measure? I added arms and actual thigh diameters to my list. Any other good locations that are good indicators of weight loss? Is it bad to measure too much (not too often but too many places)?

**I am small framed so from my elbows and knees down I look like a toothpick. Flattering, right?

Replies

• alanzo87
    alanzo87 Posts: 14
    Options
    HI!

i always measure my waist (love handles) and thigh and upper arm. Good luck!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Your waist should be measured directly above your belly button but below your ribcage. This is typically the smaller part of your tummy. So maybe measure the area you are biggest at just so you know?
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    you could do one waist and one at the hips?
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I measure a couple inches above my belly button for my waist.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You measure your waist where your natural waistline is. Here's how to find it: http://www.ehow.com/how_2307504_measure-waist.html

I measure my waist, thighs, arms, stomach (the thickest part), and hips. At Curves, they also measure my chest at the biggest part of my bust but I don't have much weight there so for me I don't think it matters but if you feel it would help do that too.
  • lawilgus
    lawilgus Posts: 21
    Options
    I guess I forgot to add that I am super short waisted. So my "few inches above my belly button" IS a the bottom of my rib cage!

I am largest at my belly button..
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I guess I forgot to add that I am super short waisted. So my "few inches above my belly button" IS a the bottom of my rib cage!

I am largest at my belly button..

some measure right across the belly button, what I think is important is you measure the same spot each time.

I measure bust, waist (natural), hips, thighs and upper arms.

good luck,,,I'm so happy that i started measuring, because when the scale tends to not move, the inches usually do