Getting rid of the scale...

Options
Getting rid of the scale...sort of. I have been tormenting myself lately with the scale, I just kiss a nice number and get all excited to see the 150's and the next day I am back up 2-3 lbs. I decided this morning that I will try to only weigh in on Sunday mornings. The scale is out in the car trunk....the scale and my sanity are safe out there.

Replies

• cherilyn221
    cherilyn221 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I turned my off...took out the battery and turned it upside down. I intend to weigh only once a month. It was too discouraging for me to see the numbers bounce like that. I figure if I weigh one time a month it should be a close indication of how I'm doing. But....I'm really nervous for that first weigh in.
  • katw0man_
    katw0man_ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    it's not a good idea for your own sanity's sake to weigh yourself so frequently in one week.
    try only once a week... that's all you need.
    our weight fluctuates all day everyday because of things like water retention, sodium and bloating, I'm sure you already knew all of this but just keep your sanity in mind and stop teasing yourself with the scale!
    <3
    Keep it in the trunk of your car for a couple weeks.. and then step on that sucker, lol.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I've gone even further than that. Frustration with the scale has caused me to weigh in once a month. That way I'm seeing larger numbers going down. It seems to be helping so far. I weigh the first Saturday of each month, bright and early before I've eaten and I'm headed for the gym.
  • katw0man_
    katw0man_ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I would say try twice a month just to keep you in check about how much effort you need to continue to put in. Out of sight out of mind for a month is too long to go without knowing your progress.
  • Fruchtzwerg
    Fruchtzwerg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Exacly the same thing happened to me this week. I weighed in on Sunday and was down 2 lbs - and this Wednesday I was up 2lbs again...Will ignore this mean little evil instrument until Sunday morning ;-)
  • jesseylou22
    Options
    I refuse to own a scale because of this. I would weigh everyday if I had one, and because of different factors it's not accurate at all. However, even though it's not accurate, it still puts that thought in my head that I am up a few pounds and that is discouraging. So,my solution... I don't own a scale! I visit my mom about every two weeks, and I weigh at her house... this definitely helps me keep some more motivation and sanity.