New here and looking for fellow moms for motivation

Options
I'm a 27 year old mom of 4 girls who are 6, 4, 3 and 2. I gained so much weight from all my pregnancies but was never able to lose the weight mostly due to me giving up way too often. I really have my mind set on losing the weight, I really want to have my tubal ligation reversed sometime in the near future but need to be at a healthy weight for the surgery. Despite my tubes being tied I ended up being pregnant last month but on April 1 I had to receive shots to end my pregnancy due to it being ectopic. We were so excited to be pregnant again then we lost our baby, this made us realize how much we really would like to have more children in the future. So any motivation would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• wendyt77
    wendyt77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I totally know how you feel. I have 2 girls & a boy, 6, 4, & 1. I haven't been able to lose any weight in between pregnancies either. It has been really frustrtating. I also know how you feel about losing your baby. I had a miscarriage before having any children and lost another one before having my 3rd. It is devestating. My reason for losing weight is also to have more children.

I will add you as a friend so we can motivate each other!
  • msmonique95
    msmonique95 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello,

You are in the right place. I absolutely love this site!!!! You will dropping pounds like crazy. I have a 7 year old and she has actually gotten to where she will remind me to work out if she hasn't seen me do it by 8:00 in the evening and she will do it with me. Once you get it in your routine, you will feel funny if you don't work out. I'm here to help you along when you need it. You can add me as a friend.

Good luck!!!!
  • happymommy2010
    Options
    Hello, I am a mom to three kids 13,9, and three. i too am trying to lose the weight. I have been here since last friday and I LOVE it here! Please feel free to add me. I also wanted to say good luck on your journey!
  • Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am also a mother ( of two girls) and know the pains of losing a child. It is hard and commend both your efforts to lose weight in order to have more kids. I would love to have more children, just not sure its in the cards. Only time will tell. Good luck
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal!!! You will love it here:)) Also, sorry for your loss. I absolutely can not imagine. I hope you reach your weight goals on here so you can move forward with achieving even more of your life goals in the future, be it to have more children, better health, more energy etc. Good for you for taking the first step and making a choice to change:)) Hooray for you!!!!
  • diana77
    diana77 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    welcome liz!!! Im a mother of 3 boys 17 13 and 3 . sorry to hear abot your pregnancy but im sure with this site you will reach your goal so you and your other half will be able to add more to your wonderful family, Welcome and goodluck!!!:bigsmile:
  • LIzH84
    LIzH84 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you all for welcoming me I wish you all the best of luck as well. :smile: