I am new

Options
Hi, after a life of ups and downs I got busy with exercise and smart eating and reduced my weight by 45 lbs. That is from size 18 to a size 12. It also reduced my three month blood sugar from 7.6 to 6.0. I was so happy and proud and then my life changed drastically and I have gradually grown to a size 14 and gained back over 14lbs. My daughter found this sight and I am very excited...finally a way to do this without being able to fudge the numbers. ( suppose I could fudge them but I do not think I would find it easy to do so)

I have read several of the messages and responses here and impressed by the honesty, empathy and sincere responses. The positive reinforcement is outstanding.

Replies

• Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Welcome Welcome ... glad you can join us.

welcome.gif
  • santaelf1
    Options
    congratulations u are on your way. Enjoy the journey.
  • HelensReady
    Options
    Welcome...Ive been on here a few weeks, its great add me if you wish :)

Good luck :)
  • santaelf1
    Options
    I love the welcome message it is cute and adorable and encouraging.
  • xSmileyLeighx
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll love it here :) Add me if you want!
  • ivasexydiva
    Options
    Welcome and well done! :)
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! This is a great site to find encouragement and inspiration. I used this site 5 years ago to lose 40 and now I'm back to lose 100 after having another child. I'm here to get down my weight and up my confidence, I'm sure you are too! Add me if you like, and we can do it together!
  • jkq2003
    jkq2003 Posts: 27
    Options
    Welcome, this site has been a life saver for me. It calculates what I should be taking in and requires me to be honest about what I am putting in my mouth. It makes me realize how important consistent exercise and I have been able to take off 23 lbs since February when I joined.