Zumba

Options
Anyone have Zumba fitness for the Wii, or Playstation? I'm more interested in purchasing it for the Wii b/c even though I have a PS3 I don't have the Move controllers and I don't want to make a separate purchase JUST to be able to play the game. Might as well use the wii-mote. Anyway if you do own it, which system do you own it for and how do you rate the game overall? It looks pretty cheesy and overpriced for what it is (retail $39.99) but online most of the reviews are fairly posititve about how good the workout is.

Replies

• mrsparker31
    mrsparker31 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love to know as well!!!
  • crystal10584
    Options
    I have the wii version. I <3 it cause there's different levels and stuff... but be aware that if you get it for the wii, the "party bar" that "goes up when you perfectly mimick the instructor" is a reaction to the remote moving. You can sit on your butt and shake the remote and be a "Zumba Pro". As long as your doing your best and working up a sweat, you'll get your money's worth outta the game. :)
  • paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i have the zumba for Wii and i love it. you just need one control.
  • lgregson
    lgregson Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the wii version. I <3 it cause there's different levels and stuff... but be aware that if you get it for the wii, the "party bar" that "goes up when you perfectly mimick the instructor" is a reaction to the remote moving. You can sit on your butt and shake the remote and be a "Zumba Pro". As long as your doing your best and working up a sweat, you'll get your money's worth outta the game. :)

I like the way you have your goals set up! Keep up the good work!!!
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    my zumba for the wii is collecting dust since i prefer going to a class..but, it is good..but, for an 'exercise' game for the wii, i much more prefer Just Dance 2. jmo.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have it for the PS3 and love it!!! But since you stated you do not want to buy all the Move stuff, I do have a friend that has Zumba for the Wii and she loves it as well. I think it is such a great "game"!!!!!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I've been contemplating looking into that game as well... But I just need to know if there's alot of jumping and bouncing in it, since I live on a 2nd flood apartment and don't want my neighbor to complain about my fat butt shaking his roof again. :(
  • Lulumaguloo
    Options
    I'm also using Just Dance 2 it's alotta fun and I use the Just Sweat mode and it tracks your daily exercise so its pretty cool. Oh and Proud Mary is one of the songs and after that song it feels like I ran a marathon lol But I really put my ALL into it.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've been contemplating looking into that game as well... But I just need to know if there's alot of jumping and bouncing in it, since I live on a 2nd flood apartment and don't want my neighbor to complain about my fat butt shaking his roof again. :(

There is some jumping, yes. But you can treat that as a modification. You don't have to jump...you can step.