Is it wrong....

Options
That I am choosing to forgo an Easter treat of chocolate this weekend so I can have a couple glasses of wine instead? :P

I miss wine........

Replies

• fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Do what you gotta do....

Or workout extra hard and have both!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Ever since I started three months ago I told myself that I would take one day of Easter weekend off, made it easier to say no to things all those months knowing I would get to have things on Easter. Well I've decided not to cheat, expect for the wine!
  • blazrchicdd
    blazrchicdd Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's a personal decision. I would not give up wine or chocolate, but instead of drinking half a bottle, I have a glass and instead of eating a candy bar, I have a dove chocolate. I feel better about my choices without feeling limited and falling off the wagon so to speak.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Many studies have shown that Red wine in moderation is good for you. Moderation meaning 1-2 glasses every couple of days.

Nutritionally speaking...it's about 120 empty calories....but there's nothing wrong with skipping someplace else to treat yourself on a special occasion.

Life is meant to be enjoyed after all! :-)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Squeeze in some exercise and you can have BOTHHH. :D
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    hey try thinking life style change not diet. I rarely miss foods I used to eat because I still eat them, I just eat less of it or reduce the fat and calories in them. I work out and darn it i still enjoy my alcohol and wine. reality is I'd likely lose more if i didn't indulge and lord help me with two trips in June, but i don't want to miss anything. It is easier for me to be smart and use small portions than for me to work out so I just try to be smart.

In June, I'll be visiting family in New Orleans and likely eating all the foods, I've been with drawn from for years. My secret is my hubby and I will share and I will try to not gain 10 lbs in 7 days like I did last year (granted the sodium added 3 or 4 in water alone). I still want my food but i will save money and calories buy having great bites instead of pigging out and guilt.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I dont blame you.