The more weight I lose, the hungrier I am..

Options
This kind of goes along with the post I made last night. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I'm finding it harder & harder to stay under my calories as I lose weight. I'm physically just more hungry & always going over my calories. How can I be eating more & still losing weight? I think I'm working out less than I was before too. Is it a metabolism thing? Like I sped mine up?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I am the same. The thinner I get the hungrier I am.
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I've been a lot more hungry lately too. So aggravating!!
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    I am soooo in the same boat as you gals!!

What the heck????
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    What are your calorie goals? They may be too low! Why not switch going to a week just to maintain. If you do this right, you should hardly ever feel like you're always hungry.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Me too. This week has been really hard. Maybe it's the full moon, lol. I even went over on fat yesterday and I don't think I've done that since I started here in Jan. :( But I'm holding steady on the scale. But at least I'm not totally giving in to chips and cookies...those are the things I really want.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If exercising is new to you (as in, before you started losing weight, you didn't exercise) then it's very possible that you have sped up your metabolism. Besides burning calories WHILE you exercise, when you exercise regularly your body continues to burn more calories around the clock than if you were to lead a strictly sedentary life.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    wow, can I relate to this post.......seems the more I have lost, youd think I wouldnt be so hungry, but the last few weeks its been hell

when you come up with something, please let us know .........anyone.......thanks, Lloyd
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    as you work out you gain muscle... which causes you to lose weight faster and faster...

but because you have more muscle..you will be more hungry, because your body is needing more food for that muscle... its probably safe to bump up your calories, especally since it is obviously working for you...

GENERALLY: when your body is yelling at you saying IM HUNGRY (not Im craving this or that) its because it truely is hungry. we just have to learn to tell the difference.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    If exercising is new to you (as in, before you started losing weight, you didn't exercise) then it's very possible that you have sped up your metabolism. Besides burning calories WHILE you exercise, when you exercise regularly your body continues to burn more calories around the clock than if you were to lead a strictly sedentary life.

That's the weird thing. I've ALWAYS exercised.. Even at my biggest I was exercising pretty much just as much as I am now. I mean the foods I eat have changed somewhat. I avoid butter, fried foods & sugary sodas but I feel like I eat like the same amount or just slightly less. It's weird lol.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    wow, can I relate to this post.......seems the more I have lost, youd think I wouldnt be so hungry, but the last few weeks its been hell

when you come up with something, please let us know .........anyone.......thanks, Lloyd

I increased my calories to 1380 instead of 1200 :)
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to your goal, the less your calorie deficit should be set to. If you feel like you're within that last 10 pounds, you probably want to switch to only 250 calorie deficit per day or 0.5 pound loss per week.