WIll someone look at my food log for the day

Options
It seems that I will be going over the protein for the day once I eat my dinner. Is this for the day or week. I keep looking at my log and wondering what was so high in protein. Doesn't seem like I had or will have 71 grams of protein. And do you think this would make me not loose weight. It seems like I am always go over in the nutrient department. I am pretty new to this..

Thanks
Jspaulding

Replies

• Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    cant see your food log, you have it on private
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Make your log public
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    You'd need to share your diary for people to be able to see it.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    just a quick note, you should have protein at every meal. So i dont think "too much" protein is a bad thing.
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I go over my protein every day also, I dont think thats necessarily a bad thing.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hey--I think your diary is set to private or only for friends; if you change the settings we can take a look :happy:

I am over on protein most days--MFP has that setting very low in comparison to fat/carbs. You can ask your Dr or a trainer what they recommend and go change the settings manually (for example, mine is set to carbs-50%/fats-20%/protein-30%). A Dr could also tell you what affect a lot of protein would have--for most people it is not a bad thing, but rather good fuel for your muscles!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    cant see your food log, you have it on private

Ditto.

Ps 1g of protein per lb is not a bad thing, 2g is what body builders eat. Minimum is 50g and if you used the automatic settings in MFP (15%) that is way too low. Bump it to 25-30%.
  • clintwperkins
    Options
    from what I am understanding...MFP has the protein set very low to begin with...secondly as long as you are under your calorie goal, I think some overages in the specifics is fine...
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about going over on Protein or Fiber - As MFP has very low settings for both! ...
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    a few folks that go over in protein mention constipation. if you aren't find any negatives a little over won't hurt you
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I frequently go over 100g of protein in a day and I'm still normal (although some might disagree)
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and 'The Kind Diet' by Alicia Silverstone is my bible- according to the doctors who have contributed to the book, you only really need one serving of protein per day. It's a myth that your body needs more than that. I make sure to eat beans, quinoa, edamame, or another protein source once per day.
    I just had some blood work done for my doc and all of my levels are where they are supposed to be, so it's working for me.
  • jspaulding01
    jspaulding01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!