Who's the New Guy?

Options
Hi,

My name is Joe and I am new to MFP. I am very impressed with what I saw and look forward to using the site and the app. I really need to lose weight. Recently I went to Vegas and was afraid that I would be kicked off the Plane (Yes Kevin Smith it was Southwest) because of my size. I'm also sick of not being able to wear clothes that I like and feel like I'm ignored at work because of my size. So, hello to all of you and I'll be leaning on some of you for support. I hope you're up for the challenge.

Replies

• oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    This is a great site, the motivation and support you receive is incredible. You will meet some very helpful people to help you along your journey. I wish you the best of luck on reaching your goals. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    welcome! If you are male, then your profile says female. If you are female, then sorry!! Joe is a name that could be both :)

You will love the site....I have met some great support pals here!!

Feel free to add me!
  • csmall614
    csmall614 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Joe, welcome! You've come to the right place. Everyone here is wonderfully supportive. Keep us posted on how you're doing and good luck to you.
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Joe! I'm fairly new to the site as well. My sister joined first and after seeing how happy and motivated she was (and that she was actually losing weight), I followed suit. The motivation is wonderful because I've NEVER stuck to an exercise / weight loss program over 2 wks! WELCOME!!!
  • joeyking54
    joeyking54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I thought the Female thing was a good ice breaker. I am indeed a Male.
  • cinemaone
    cinemaone Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey Awesome!!! Welcome.

Best thing about this site is that it is a food dairy basically that people have long-preached is a must for weight loss. I used to try before and I would exercise for hours, getting cardiovascurly fit, but then sabotaging myself with two burritos, a sixpack of beer and some chips and I would call it a 2000 calorie day, when it was more like 2800 and I couldn't see why I wasn't losing any weight.

The last few days have been great for me and I was able to pull my pants up over my gut.... I think I last did that in 2002? I think. So Booyah! Do it!
  • cinemaone
    cinemaone Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    4732289.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I thought the Female thing was a good ice breaker. I am indeed a Male.

LOL...just makin' sure you were aware....could be an embarrassing error later on if you weren't!! :)
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Welcome Welcome ... glad you can join us.

welcome.gif
  • Jessk63
    Jessk63 Posts: 51
    Options
    Welcome to the site....ive only been on here for about 10 days now but i love it and having people are going through the same thing is so helpful, awesome support system...i wish you so much success!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Welcome! feel free to add me! = )
  • Martinne68
    Martinne68 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi
    welcome, this is my first week and I am loving it, you get so much support and help and tips, feel free to add me x x
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    welcome to the rest of your life!

ok maybe not. but welcome to change! :D its gonna be tough but with a lil gumption and a bunch of us at your back pushing you ... you're going to be fantastic! :D
  • Kytana
    Kytana Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm new here as well, and am amazed at all the support and guidance here. Feel free to add me - we can help motivate each other!
  • itsjustme77
    itsjustme77 Posts: 102
    Options
    Welcome Joe,

This site has been great so far. Good luck to you, I hope it does the same for you.

Heather
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    my first week too! I started on Monday .. so far it's been great!!
    Ive never been so motivated before and just hope it continues!!!
  • Walking2Lose
    Walking2Lose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Joe! Welcome! I am fairly new to this site as well. Feel free to add me as a friend. I know how hard it is to lose weight or to even start, but kudos to you for deciding that you want a change! That is where it starts! I agree that the people on this site are very helpful and supportive. Good luck on your weightloss journey!
    ~Darlene