Strength Training

Options
Why doesn't my strength training count against my daily calorie intake??? I am very frustrated cause I add in my side bends and leg lifts which don't seem to count when totalling. Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• traymast
    traymast Posts: 23
    Options
    Under Cardio search for "strength training" you will get a few points out of it :) Only like 99 in 1/2 hour, I think I burn more, but I am happy for the 99 I get :)
  • traymast
    Options
    They also have "calisthenics" in there...I think thats worth more calories
    :wink:
  • smalls_kisha
    smalls_kisha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just tried adding I had to do it unter strength training and was not awarded any extra calories for the day... That's okay I'll just get better results in the end and stop complaining, Thanks for you help.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    They also have "calisthenics" in there...I think thats worth more calories
    :wink:
    Calisthenics is not the same thing as strength training. The goal isn't to fake yourself out by choosing the exercise that gives you more calories burned so you have a reason to eat more.
  • Chartrand11
    Options
    It's hard to measure it. I just figure I am turning fat into muscle. I know it burns calories but its hard to know without a HRM.
  • traymast
    Options
    To Bizco...leg lifts aren't strength training either...and yes you type in Strength training under "cardio" to get the calories. I'm sorry but I know for a fact that I burn calories and I understand why she would want to get some credit for that...otherwise you may end up eating too few calories!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    You have to do it under cardio