Thank you MFP

Options
shybelle
shybelle Posts: 254 Member
This week...has be crazy. I am in Texas and we are going through some horrific wildfires right now...thousands of acres burned, hundreds of homes lost...my family is active in the Volunteer Fire Department here so...(not me personally but my mother, father, brother, sisters) you can imagine how crazy it has been. I have not been wanting to deal with my diet and I just wanted to give up because I didnt have time for it..I havent exercised in almost a week and I am just tired...well this may seem silly...but I finally had to get on MFP today and I was feeling very discouraged after a hard week of my new lifestyle and I was even wondering why I was stressing myself out doing this new "diet/exercise" thing and maybe it wasn't worth it...

well...I came here and looked at the success stories and I now remember why I want to change. You all inspire me so much with your amazing transformations! I know this may seem silly compared to what is going on around me, but it was just uplifting and sorta a stress reliever because I was stressing myself over having a rough week..on top of other worries...

Silly I know...but I just needed to say thanks.

Replies

• myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is not silly, and yes, this site is "uplifting" - good for you for taking that moment and sharing with us.....keep the motivation up!!!
  • adriaarnett
    Options
    I am in Texas too. Hopefully your family stays safe and you are out of the fire's path! I just joined this week and the site is very encouraging. Keep up the good work and hopefully we can all get some rain and relief soon here!
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    not silly at all! we all need a boost now and again and if you can find it in something that is going to be so good for your body and your health then way to go! keep at it and good luck!
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sometime just the act of sharing your stress helps relieve it. The fires are getting a lot of play on national news. Stay safe
  • helen0241
    helen0241 Posts: 26
    Options
    just keep it up you will get through this and back on track .will pray for your fanily .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!