Why is it so difficult?!

Options
I'm trying not to be a whiner but need some major motivation here:) I so want to get healthy but can't stop this cycle of emotional eating. I did really well last week and then this week has been a bad week so I hit the Easter Candy and am not back in that self loathing cyle! Any good tips on dealing with emotional eating?

Replies

• DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    how about getting all the bad stuff out of hte house and trying to pre pkg all the good snacks?
  • Courtney225
    Options
    I'll do that thanks! I just have to realize I can't "just have one" :smile:
  • Mandi1968
    Mandi1968 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had to remove anything tempting from my house...but I replaced the bad things with fruit. I keep it sliced in a container so I have a fruit salad available for any craving....
  • JenniCH
    JenniCH Posts: 74
    Options
    I occasionally am tempted slip back into "bad" habits (for example my STRONG desire to consume an entire jar of Nutella last night -- I didn't ha ha) - I just make myself stop for 10 seconds and try and justify eating what I want to eat -- just taking that small time out is usually enough for me to kick some sense back into myself... and as others have said try and keep as many tempting foods OUT of the house as possible.
  • JenniCH
    JenniCH Posts: 74
    Options
    By the way - emotional eating is so difficult to overcome because food activates the same things in our brain as addictive drugs do...so essentially a lot of us actually become addicted to foods just as a person might be addicted to meth or heroin but unfortunately we can't really KICK the habit of eating because we need it to live.
  • brown34
    brown34 Posts: 5
    Options
    You don't need motivations so much as you need to start doing meditation. it helps so much if you can get some focus and if you can start listening to your body.